30 Day NO DRINKING challenge

Options
JasonRainboze
JasonRainboze Posts: 168 Member
We work so damn hard day after day and sometimes think we can out work things like our nightly drinks. Well I've read enough that I'm feeling pretty convicted. I've thought about it, talked about it and felt guilty about it long enough. Anyone else who wants to give it a shot and see what we can do, add me as a friend and lets keep each other inspired to do this! Here's to results!!!

Replies

• sugom2
    sugom2 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I will join, but mine will need to be no drinking Monday-Thursday (No beer for me) and not as much on Friday-Sunday. I need to cut back so I can loose more weight. The empty calories are killing me.
  • dfwmom35
    dfwmom35 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    *Sigh* This is the worst part about calorie counting....I miss booze.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    going for girls vacation... so no the best time to do this challenge for me
  • CaliSpitson
    CaliSpitson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just joined MFP today, but I can get on board with this. Had a few beers Tuesday before I joined, so I'll go a couple extra days.
  • JasonRainboze
    Options
    Today was DAY 2! Success!!!
  • JasonRainboze
    Options
    So I lost it over the weekend... damn pool parties! But today is a fresh day and a new week!!
  • KristyMichelle716
    KristyMichelle716 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I know for FACT that if I cut booze out completely I would reach my goal in like, 3 months. I drink far too much for someone trying to lose weight. I have only been able to abstain for a 30-day stretch one time, back in 2011. I am working on a no booze Sunday-Thursday goal right now, and hopefully as I start to see results, I won't even feel like indulging Friday/Saturday. I'm going to voyeuristically follow along on your journey via this board, so keep us posted!! :smiley:
  • elleelle03
    elleelle03 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ok, only had a marguerita & beer on Sunday but today is day of no alcoholic beverages
  • cjwynton
    cjwynton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. When you track calories you really see how alcohol adds up
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I know for FACT that if I cut booze out completely I would reach my goal in like, 3 months. I drink far too much for someone trying to lose weight. I have only been able to abstain for a 30-day stretch one time, back in 2011. I am working on a no booze Sunday-Thursday goal right now, and hopefully as I start to see results, I won't even feel like indulging Friday/Saturday. I'm going to voyeuristically follow along on your journey via this board, so keep us posted!! :smiley:

Yup I have realized the same thing. I am cutting out alcohol Sunday to Friday. Trying to only have it on Saturdays to get this weight loss going.

• shortchange1
    shortchange1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I actually already stopped on July 17th, but I'm joining in to try and keep up my "no" to alcohol! Count me in.
  • CarmenLourens28
    CarmenLourens28 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    im onboard, but only Sunday - Friday, i have been in the BAD habit of having a glass of Merlot almost every night while i cook. i workout 5 mornings a week. So in my aid to assist with no craving of alcohol im going to start working out in the evening as well - i hardly feel like drinking after a work out. Good luck!!! :smile:
  • tiffanylytle73
    tiffanylytle73 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We work so damn hard day after day and sometimes think we can out work things like our nightly drinks. Well I've read enough that I'm feeling pretty convicted. I've thought about it, talked about it and felt guilty about it long enough. Anyone else who wants to give it a shot and see what we can do, add me as a friend and lets keep each other inspired to do this! Here's to results!!!

Still keeping it up? I'm starting today. Add me if you'd like. I really want to be healthier and kick the unhealthy habit

• Fitgirllife72
    Options
    I'm currently on day 10 with no alcohol. I actually feel so much better now. It is also showing in my weight loss in my opinion.
  • tiffanylytle73
    Options
    Good job. I'm starting today. I know it's so bad for my health and weight. It's been such a big part of my husband and my social life. He's not really into quitting but I want to try and support on here would help
  • Fitgirllife72
    Options
    @tiffanylytle73 I know exactly what you mean. It became pretty much the only part of our social life. I originally thought I would leave Saturday's open but so far I haven't felt like even drinking on Saturday. So we will see how this Saturday goes lol. Definitely the support on here helps!
  • tiffanylytle73
    Options
    @tiffanylytle73 I know exactly what you mean. It became pretty much the only part of our social life. I originally thought I would leave Saturday's open but so far I haven't felt like even drinking on Saturday. So we will see how this Saturday goes lol. Definitely the support on here helps!

I know I'm going to struggle this Saturday too, I have a book club and the ladies always love their wine.
  • JasonRainboze
    Options
    UPDATE: yeah it lasted the first 2 days I posted this...... I am struggling to not have them EVERY night! I'm working out so hard to so I won't lie I'm disappointed in myself. Although, when the end of the day comes, I can't seem to stop.