Crystal light.

Options
Is it okay to drink crystal light.. When trying to watch what you drink?

What's your opinion on crystal light pals?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Crystal light - diet soda. Pretty much the same. Both have fake sugar if that's what you are trying to avoid.

I have 1 or 2 diet sodas a day, the rest of the time it's water, or unsweetened iced tea. Even Mio or other water "drops" have fake sweetener, but not nearly as much.
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I personally stay away from the fake sugar.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Personal choice. My personal choice is to not get worked up about "fake sugar" so I drink it and like it! If you're avoiding the fake sugar then don't drink it.
  • Chris_2013
    Chris_2013 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have a big glass of crystal light over ice cubes every night after dinner and it's the sweet replacement for sugary treats. 76 lbs lost so far so I guess it's working. I use the squeezable liquid kind. I also have a few diet soft drinks a week. Diet A&W Root Beer is my fav.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    It's zero calorie. If you like them, then drink them. I personally love 0 calorie drinks as they're perfect for when I'd like something sweet but have no calories left.

There is nothing wrong with 'fake sugar' or sugar.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408/why-aspartame-isnt-scary/p1
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I lost over 80 pounds while drinking peach mango green tea by Crystal Light all day every day. I love that stuff. Unfortunately, the country I decided I just had to move to doesn't have Crystal Light. I'm sad now just thinking about it. Raise a glass for me!
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I thought crystal light was 10 calories per packet? I would log it but if it fits your calories go for it! If you drink 6 bottles of water and add it to every bottle, that's 60 calories a day which is 420 a week, that's why I would log it haha. It adds up! Nothing wrong with crystal light though, I drink a bunch of diet soda and I add artificial sweetener to coffee and tea. :)
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I drink one of the Crystal light energy packets almost every day (they have caffeine and are 10 calories/packet). I log it. I love them and they give me some caffeine without dealing with hot tea in the summer heat.
  • memickee
    memickee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I love, love Crystal Light, especially Lemon Ice Tea. Drink it everyday. I've lost a fair amount of weight whilst drinking so it hasn't hindered my progress.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Personally, it was causing me stomach issues from the artificial sweeteners so I stopped drinking it. If it doesn't for you then go for it.