5 High Protein snack ideas

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Is this a joke? The first thing on the list is celery with peanut butter? gtfo
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    It doesn't even tell you how much protein is in the snacks, but I'm sure I can find higher protein snacks than these.
  • arditarose
    The beef jerky, fine. Great.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    fr33sia12 wrote: »
    It doesn't even tell you how much protein is in the snacks, but I'm sure I can find higher protein snacks than these.

Yup. Especially the banana with PB wrapped in bread. Really? Also, that's not banana sushi, no matter how you cut it, it's an Elvis.

(Just learned an Elvis can have bacon on it too.)
  • arditarose
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Yup. Especially the banana with PB wrapped in bread. Really? Also, that's not banana sushi, no matter how you cut it, it's an Elvis.

Stop it. So peanut butter, banana, and bacon? On bread? I mean I always ate PB and banana sandwiches as a kid. I haven't a sandwich in so long....now I want an Elvis. With bacon.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

My mom used to make that for me when I was little (she'd mash the banana though). I haven't had one in forever! But it isn't what I would think of as a high protein snack.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    My dad loves them.
  • AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member

My mom used to make that for me when I was little (she'd mash the banana though). I haven't had one in forever! But it isn't what I would think of as a high protein snack.

Whatever food that turtle in your profile picture is eating, would that be considered high protein?

Seriously though, what is it eating?
  • janejellyroll

Whatever food that turtle in your profile picture is eating, would that be considered high protein?

Mashed potatoes. Not that high in protein, but that won't stop me from considering them one of the best foods on the planet.
  • AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member

Mashed potatoes. Not that high in protein, but that won't stop me from considering them one of the best foods on the planet.

Yeah, mashed potatoes aren't that high in protein, but I agree that they are one of the best foods on the planet.

That turtle still probably gets more protein in a day than I do though...
  • janejellyroll

Yeah, mashed potatoes aren't that high in protein, but I agree that they are one of the best foods on the planet.

That turtle still probably gets more protein in a day than I do though...

If you're the 5% guy, yeah. The turtle probably does.