Accountability Partner Proposition

Options
Hi, my name is Becky. I'm 27 years old, 300-something pounds. I am starting over.

Last year my 2015 resolution was to lose 100 pounds. I started eating a ketogenic diet (because I have PCOS) and I began to walk. I got stronger, I moved onto interval run/walking and lifting weights. I lost 45 lbs, I hit a plateau and I got a job working next to a bakery. I gained it all back.

Now, I'm trying to get pregnant. And the more weight I lose, the better everything will be for me. I went to a trainer today and found out it would cost me nearly 300$ a month to get that kind of help, and I just don't have that money. So I thought, what I really want is someone as invested in this as I am. Then I thought, but I don't want to have to reciprocate. Then I thought, "why not?" Why can't I be someone else's support and encouragement? So I thought I'd come here and ask.

What I am looking for is ONE person who is willing to check in with me DAILY (at least at first) and see how things are going. Did I do my exercise for the day? What progress am I making? I want them to talk me out of my excuses should they arise, but not lay on guilt. Guilt does not work for me, guilt makes me shut down. Harsh language makes me shut down. What works for me is listening to my rant if I'm ranting, waiting for it to pass. And then kindness, encouragement and logic. And if I say, "my ankle hurts today." you say "does it really?" and I say "yes" and you say "so much so that you can't do your work?" and then believe me if I say yes. Because I'm reasonable. And I will do my best, and I will feel obligated to be truthful. That is how I work.

What I am offering is much the same. I will check in on you daily (or however often you want/need) and ask you about your diet and exercise efforts. I will listen to your griefs and aggravations. I will give you help tailored to you, based upon what you need and what motivates you. If you need me to YELL at you, I will YELL at you. If you need me to guilt you, I will do it (but I can't guarantee I'll be good at it.) If you need me to just keep you accountable, care about you and your goals, encourage you and support you, I will do that too.

Please, send me a PM if you're interested. Or message me here. Or ask questions. Or whatever you want to do. I'm here.

But if you send me a friend request with no information, I probably won't accept it.

Replies

• kaseebee
    kaseebee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am on Keto too and also have PCOS. Total struggle. I am now losing weight but this is the heaviest I've ever been and I'm not even five feet tall!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Hi. I lost 102 pounds but gained 15 back. Been struggling a bit but think my head is in the right spot.. I think I will see a loss soon. I can be your friend. I am online everyday. I don't log all my food like I should. Let me know if your interested.