The scale doesn't mean everything...Fat to Fit

Options
2»

Replies

• Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    What sort of core exercises do you do, seems that's where the most inches fell off?
  • normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation!
  • santandr77
    santandr77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Well done chick
  • sandrachis
    sandrachis Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Very encouraging! I've worked so hard and ended up gaining 4 pounds. Doctor says it's muscle. My clothes fit better and my singing has improved as well as my endurance. Singing starts with strong thighs, pelvis, abs and then lungs. Most people think just lungs. My director has us rehearse while sitting on exercise balls. You look teriffic.
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    As I've gone from 367 to 238 so far people are more and more regularly asking me what my goal weight is, knowing I'm ever closer to a healthy size. I tell them my ultimate goal isn't actually a weight but to have a six pack. They laugh and then say "but really, what's your goal weight?" To which I respond by saying "I guess whatever I weigh when I have a noticeable six pack."

For me it's about looking as good as I feel and being fit and healthy - not achieving a number on a scale. My brother, who never exercises, is like 5'11" and 160 lbs and at this point I'm sure my cardio fitness level and strength level are both better than his... But it's not a competition
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    As I've gone from 367 to 238 so far people are more and more regularly asking me what my goal weight is, knowing I'm ever closer to a healthy size. I tell them my ultimate goal isn't actually a weight but to have a six pack. They laugh and then say "but really, what's your goal weight?" To which I respond by saying "I guess whatever I weigh when I have a noticeable six pack."

For me it's about looking as good as I feel and being fit and healthy - not achieving a number on a scale. My brother, who never exercises, is like 5'11" and 160 lbs and at this point I'm sure my cardio fitness level and strength level are both better than his... But it's not a competition

You look good on your profile picture, you must be tall because at 238 you look like you're already at your goal. I too have adopted no scale , with emphasis on weight training mostly.I wish op (original) would respond to all our questions so we can learn from him.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Very impressive! How long did this take? Gaining muscle and losing fat in a deficit is like finding the arc of the lost covenant!
  • DanerTee
    DanerTee Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    amazing transformation, well done!
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Dude - the shape you're in now is easily my best-case 'after' pic for my body. Thank you thank you for posting this!!
  • melissaandemma
    melissaandemma Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    my scale hasn't moved in a week. I was reading blogs to get some motivation you really help. great job you must be so proud
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!