No carbs left! Any protein/fat snack idea's please!

nicolemarthacraig
nicolemarthacraig Posts: 20 Member
I'm stuck for idea's!

Replies

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Pork Rinds
    Chicken bites
    Cheese
    Avocado
    Jerky (watch out for the ones with added sugar)
    Eggs
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    The reason I couldn't lose weight when only counting carbs came down to summer sausage and cheese. I can eat ALL the cheese.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    How about none of the above (unless you are way under on calories) and eat dill pickles.
  • nicolemarthacraig
    nicolemarthacraig Posts: 20 Member
    Tis kinda a sweet craving that I have this evening!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Mix avocado with cocoa powder, put in the freezer and voila healthy ice cream!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    How about none of the above (unless you are way under on calories) and eat dill pickles.

Why?

Because it saves on calories, which is also why I included:
    unless you are way under on calories
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Deli meat and cheese wrapped around a pickle or a slice of avocado.

Might have to try the avocado ice cream thing!
  • yogicathlete
    yogicathlete Posts: 6 Member
    Whole eggs are just about perfect for solving this problem
  • yogicathlete
    yogicathlete Posts: 6 Member
    Oh...canned fish can really help too..

BPA free canned sardines in olive oil or Crowne Prince Smoked Oysters are my go to snacks in this type of scenario
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Eggs, cheese, bacon, ham, salami and cornichons.

I usually still eat carbs though. Who cares if I end up 20 carbs over? A good balance of protein, fat, and fiber, will keep me full longer.
  • wildtxn
    wildtxn Posts: 97 Member
    I buy those 100 cal pre made spicy guacamole cups and individual packs of baby carrots for snacks.
  • gatorsong
    gatorsong Posts: 7,000 Member
    Canned tuna. Sprinkle on some pepper or chili powder, G2G.
  • MsQ80
    MsQ80 Posts: 204 Member
    wildtxn wrote: »
    I buy those 100 cal pre made spicy guacamole cups and individual packs of baby carrots for snacks.

Mmm spicy guac chips... You gotta tell me where you get those!!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    A sweet craving is trickier with no carbs....there are a bunch of recipes for low carb mug cake on Pinterest (single serving fixed in the microwave) if you wanna look there.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited August 2016
    wildtxn wrote: »

Mmm spicy guac chips... You gotta tell me where you get those!!!

@SusieRousseau Oh you got me all excited! Then I glanced back and thought he had said guac cups and carrots but wondered if I'd read it wrong and expected to go back and read guac chips. deep sigh.. Like I said you got me excited.. a bit of a let down for us both now I suppose. :cry:

• MsQ80
    MsQ80 Posts: 204 Member
    @Hearts_2015 Uggggghh. HUGE let down lol. My bad... I'm a chip craver. Blah. Damn!! Sorry about that !!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner

Why?

I mean, she could eat sawdust too, that might have even fewer calories, but not much protein or fat, which is what she asked about.

Yes indeed, but I bet pickles taste much better than sawdust and it is easier to purchase. We don't know if the OP has access to a steady supply of clean sawdust from any other source, and I've not seen it in stores in dust form.
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    MsQ80 wrote: »
    @Hearts_2015 Uggggghh. HUGE let down lol. My bad... I'm a chip craver. Blah. Damn!! Sorry about that !!

Hahaha! I read the same thing!!! LOL
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member

Why?

I mean, she could eat sawdust too, that might have even fewer calories, but not much protein or fat, which is what she asked about.

Yes indeed, but I bet pickles taste much better than sawdust and it is easier to purchase. We don't know if the OP has access to a steady supply of clean sawdust from any other source, and I've not seen it in stores in dust form.

Have you checked in the pet shops, in the hamster bedding aisle?
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Bacon!