Gains advice..

Options
What's best fruit to eat for more gains.??

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    As long as it's with ice cream, then the one you like ;)

In all honestly, any food you enjoy that will help you hit your calorie goal. I love almost all fruits and like a variety to maximizing nutrient intake.
  • mailypr21
    mailypr21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Banana
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Avocado
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Avocado

Actually probably this. Unless someone can think of a more calorie dense fruit.
  • gdubb_flow
    gdubb_flow Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the suggestion... Cause I ate a cantaloupe mix with strawberries,and it made me sick...it went down and came back up..lol...I think I brought that on myself.cause I ate this shortly after my workout....buddy of mine said never use fruit carbs after workout ,stick with starch carbs..ex.sweet potatoes...
  • arditarose
    Options
    gdubb_flow wrote: »
    Thanks guys for the suggestion... Cause I ate a cantaloupe mix with strawberries,and it made me sick...it went down and came back up..lol...I think I brought that on myself.cause I ate this shortly after my workout....buddy of mine said never use fruit carbs after workout ,stick with starch carbs..ex.sweet potatoes...

Yeah...I mean. You're bulking and your first inclination is to eat as much fruit as possible?
  • BodyzLanguage
    BodyzLanguage Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Fruit for gainz WTF? Just increase your actual meals. Eat more of what your already eating, forget that additional fruit.
  • gdubb_flow
    Options
    Yea...that was my mind set.when...I prepared a bowl of fruits..trying to replenish my carb /energy levels...I wanted to do a quick workout set later tonight...I became sick,but I didn't let it stop me...I just finished a quick workout abt 2hrs ago...and just finish eating 3eggs scramble with chicken breast meat...bout to hit the sack....I been bulking going on a month now...
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options
    Rice, potatoes, yams.. Where ya carbs at? Or do you just get your carbs from fruit?
  • gdubb_flow
    Options
    Lol....I'm trying to include fruit carbs in my meals...I'm doing some intense training.4days a week.and I work a swing shift 12hr + job....just trying to keep my energy level high...
  • arditarose
    Options
    Like...a banana would do.
  • gdubb_flow
    Options
    Intense workout 4days a week....and I'm eating abt 3100 calories a day....I really only eat one fruit(bananas).. with my protein shakes,just wanted to know other good fruits were highly recommended... Jus started this weight gain journey a month ago...I eat pretty much the same food everyday...
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options
    My advice, don't focus too much on fruits. It's just not necessary in my experience. Add another banana in and maybe 2 apples and that's more than enough fruit for the day. That along side your real carbs then you'll be on your way to all kinds of gainz. Keep lifting heavy AF too. Good luck.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Yeah, don't get caught up in fruit. It's has some carbs, and it's great for micronutrients...eat some. Otherwise, make sure you hit your calorie goal, with enough protein, and train with progressive overload.
  • gdubb_flow
    Options
    Thx for the advice..will do!!...Good luck also!!
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Cantaloupe and strawberries are some of my go to fruits when I want to eat a lot of volume for a low amount of calories.

If you really want to increase your fruit intake but are trying to gain - why not try some dried fruits? By volume dried fruit is more calorie dense. In a couple minutes I could easily eat 500 calories in dried mangoes but would have a difficult time stomaching 500 calories of fresh mangoes in one sitting.
  • gdubb_flow
    Options
    Never thought about dried fruits,,thanks Bioklutz.. I'm going to try that out