Not being able to sleep
  • gooner_dave1
    gooner_dave1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Any1 awake want a chat?
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Sipping on a cranberry and vodka drink and watching ID4 while chilling with my gato
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    Ah, just sent the very nice, very fit, very tall, very polite FL police officer on his way, after convincing him that I'm not dead. Not an easy feat when in bed all day in pain & then being woken up at 1am to fierce banging on the door.

My mum, who lives 2K-mi away, called the police cuz I hadn't called her back since before Christmas... that's her story. Well, not true. We keep missing each other's calls, so I've left 6 voice mails. Luddite mum has mixed up the TV remote with her cell (yep, I've seen her try to answer her remote several times, saying no one's there... oh boy), so guess who isn't at fault here?

Bonus... what woke me up was a door slamming... he was checking the storage room next to my front door to see if I'd hung myself. Lovely. No, that's not humiliating at all, being the new girl in the bldg & fairly certain all my neighbors were woken up, too. Haven't met any of them yet, but I guess they know who I am now.

Just called mum (she finally answered her phone), was not very polite & had only 1 q for her... why didn't she call me at 1am, rather than send the police? Her reply was, "Well, I worry." Didn't answer my q, but she probably couldn't hear me cuz she tried to answer the remote.

< big sigh >

Adrenaline racing... I'm now off schedule again... struggled for 2-wks to return to a day schedule. No such luck this weekend. Worse, I don't think he believed me... he scolded me & told me to call my mum. He also had to get an outside door key to enter the bldg, after waking up the property mngr. I am utterly humiliated.

giphy.gif

Sorry you're going through all that. Hope it turns around soon.
  • CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Eating, cause I'm fat
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    Can't sleep nooooo
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    Ah, just sent the very nice, very fit, very tall, very polite FL police officer on his way, after convincing him that I'm not dead. Not an easy feat when in bed all day in pain & then being woken up at 1am to fierce banging on the door.

My mum, who lives 2K-mi away, called the police cuz I hadn't called her back since before Christmas... that's her story. Well, not true. We keep missing each other's calls, so I've left 6 voice mails. Luddite mum has mixed up the TV remote with her cell (yep, I've seen her try to answer her remote several times, saying no one's there... oh boy), so guess who isn't at fault here?

Bonus... what woke me up was a door slamming... he was checking the storage room next to my front door to see if I'd hung myself. Lovely. No, that's not humiliating at all, being the new girl in the bldg & fairly certain all my neighbors were woken up, too. Haven't met any of them yet, but I guess they know who I am now.

Just called mum (she finally answered her phone), was not very polite & had only 1 q for her... why didn't she call me at 1am, rather than send the police? Her reply was, "Well, I worry." Didn't answer my q, but she probably couldn't hear me cuz she tried to answer the remote.

< big sigh >

Adrenaline racing... I'm now off schedule again... struggled for 2-wks to return to a day schedule. No such luck this weekend. Worse, I don't think he believed me... he scolded me & told me to call my mum. He also had to get an outside door key to enter the bldg, after waking up the property mngr. I am utterly humiliated.

Sorry you're going through all that. Hope it turns around soon.

TY. It didn't end in my arrest, so I guess I should count my blessings. :smile:

I'm still humiliated, though. I'm gonna leave at the crack of dawn for errands, then sneak in through the back window when I return so no one sees me, lol. Or, buy a giant red wig when I'm out.
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hopefully it was so early in morning. Not a lot of neighbors saw. Sorry you had to go through that headache.
  • TarryTaffy
    edited January 2020
    Options
    AriesFL wrote: »
    Hopefully it was so early in morning. Not a lot of neighbors saw. Sorry you had to go through that headache.

TY. This is the 3rd time in my life she's done this.
    I just wish I cooled off before I called her cuz I was very angry.
    But, still you are a grown woman. You don't have to call your mum every day. Christmas wasn't that long ago.

She is the one who made the fiasco that didn't need to happen.

Lol. I understand, believe me. I called her 1/2-dozen times... she just can't find the voice mails, or so it seems. There's no reasoning with her. She's a stubborn foreigner, set in her sometimes nonsensical ways. You wouldn't believe half of the things I've endured. She is very exhausting.
  • mommabear4315
    Options
    Eating, cause I'm fat

From where your toe?lobgtnibtx8e.gif

You always look amazing
  • mommabear4315
    Options

But, still you are a grown woman. You don't have to call your mum every day. Christmas wasn't that long ago.

Lol. I understand, believe me. I called her 1/2-dozen times... she just can't find the voice mails, or so it seems. There's no reasoning with her. She's a stubborn foreigner, set in her sometimes nonsensical ways. You wouldn't believe half of the things I've endured. She is very exhausting.

I got one of those moms. I feel you!!!
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,326 Member
    Options
    Trying to get motivated..
  • mommabear4315
    Options
    Waiting for the man to get out of the shower so I can go next even though we have another shower I’m attached to this one lmao
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    Waiting for the man to get out of the shower so I can go next even though we have another shower I’m attached to this one lmao

Why not just join him and save water.👍

I second that. You know, all in the name of the environment! 😉
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Standing for 2 hours for the Avatar ride
  • TarryTaffy
    Options

I got one of those moms. I feel you!!!

I feel ya. Remember, you are not your mum or your da'... you are your own wonderful creation! You've got a beautiful family... so you've created far better than from whence you came. Good job & don't forget it!

I find you an inspiration. :smile: