What are you doing RIGHT NOW???

Options

Replies

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,610 Member
    Options
    Going through my massive CD collection (over 400 CDs, I think?) to whittle down the ones I don't really listen to. That involves actively listening to, rating and cataloguing them all in order by artist name.

Why did I wait until we're getting ready to move to do this??

I hate to see you get rid of any.
    I believe soon we won’t be able to buy CDs.
    They’ve already stopped putting CD players in some cars. 😳
    But I hold on to the physical stuff.
    I hoard books. 🙄
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Going through my massive CD collection (over 400 CDs, I think?) to whittle down the ones I don't really listen to. That involves actively listening to, rating and cataloguing them all in order by artist name.

Why did I wait until we're getting ready to move to do this??

I hate to see you get rid of any.
    I believe soon we won’t be able to buy CDs.
    They’ve already stopped putting CD players in some cars. 😳
    But I hold on to the physical stuff.
    I hoard books. 🙄

I only want to keep the ones I love and appreciate. The others I will trade with people or sell to a site that takes gently used media.

I also hoard books, but I usually will read them once and send them on their way. My problem is that I hoard more books than I can read efficiently. :grimace:

I will usually seek out hardcover versions of my favorite books (like my autographed copy of Jurassic Park).
  • tmanthree
    tmanthree Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Fishing. Then, if I can pull myself away from the pond, when it’s not too early to be running the chainsaw helping clean up downed trees and a roof.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    tmanthree wrote: »
    Relaxing after helping a neighbor.

Bad storm came through. Blew part of her roof off. Took the new -used truck down there when I was called to let me know to help.

We had to drag the roof out of the road.

Oops, that’s probably bragging about doing a good deed or some *kitten* like that.

Sorry if so.

Yay!!
    Ya know Tman, there are not nearly enough helpful people in this world today. Too many are only out for themselves. Never feel badly about sharing how you've helped other; I find it inspiring and wonderful.

Hope life is good. <3
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Nursing burnt fingers.. ouch 😫

What have you done?🚑

I cooked them in hot soup 😔 hard to explain.. it splashed on my fingers somehow when I took the bowl out of the microwave.. burns sting 🥺

I prefer vegetables. :p

Burns hurt like a mother, hope they feel better soon.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Nursing burnt fingers.. ouch 😫

What have you done?🚑

I cooked them in hot soup 😔 hard to explain.. it splashed on my fingers somehow when I took the bowl out of the microwave.. burns sting 🥺

I prefer vegetables. :p

Burns hurt like a mother, hope they feel better soon.

Thanks Reenie, they are feeling better than expected, the sting isn't too bad. 🤗
  • tmanthree
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Bad storm came through. Blew part of her roof off. Took the new -used truck down there when I was called to let me know to help.

Oops, that’s probably bragging about doing a good deed or some *kitten* like that.

Sorry if so.

Yay!!
    Ya know Tman, there are not nearly enough helpful people in this world today. Too many are only out for themselves. Never feel badly about sharing how you've helped other; I find it inspiring and wonderful.

Hope life is good. <3

Life is fantastic! Working hard and playing harder.

Going to test drive boats next Saturday.

Hope life is going swimmingly for you as well.
  • tmanthree
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Sigh, just dawned on me that I can’t do anything for the neighbors until insurance swings by their place.

Ol’ girl confirmed, I can’t start until Wednesday. The temps will be back up into the mid to upper 80’s. 😕

Oh well, a small price to pay for a cord or two of free firewood.

So, back to fishing out is then. 😀
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Sigh, just dawned on me that I can’t do anything for the neighbors until insurance swings by their place.

Ol’ girl confirmed, I can’t start until Wednesday. The temps will be back up into the mid to upper 80’s. 😕

Happy fishing, hope ya get a biggen😀
    pdm1s2ixn4pq.gif

• tmanthree
    edited May 2021
    Options

pdm1s2ixn4pq.gif

Good lawd.

Just green sunfish.

About this size. These were from the other day with a buddy and I.

Filleted them, soaked in half and half overnight, dredged on cornbread mix, snd pan fried. Delicious.

But I’ve got an even bigger snapper amour 5 meters from me that imma make supper if I can get him. 🤤

gxcr6xbhn4yj.jpeg
    z7xcg2y8kbmb.jpeg
    70ambz8au7dr.jpeg
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

pdm1s2ixn4pq.gif

Good lawd.

Just green sunfish.

About this size. These were from the other day with a buddy and I.

Filleted them, soaked in half and half overnight, dredged on cornbread mix, snd pan fried. Delicious.

But I’ve got an even bigger snapper amour 5 meters from me that imma make supper if I can get him. 🤤

gxcr6xbhn4yj.jpeg
    z7xcg2y8kbmb.jpeg
    70ambz8au7dr.jpeg

Yum, pan fried fish. 🤤 hope you get that snapper for dinner🐟
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    I was going on there and noodling until I found out about these guys. Lol.

These have to be close to the upper sizes they get round here.

p6299owtll1n.jpeg

So, funny story. I was hogging around the pond. Cleaning up cattails and brush. And I came across a red winged black bird nest. Had 5 eggs on it. I was checking on it then the hatched. All good. A couple days later there was one and it looked fully feathered. I thought it was the mamma. I got too close and it tried to take off and landed in the pond and started trying to fly out but couldn’t. Went straight for the other bank across the middle of the pond. I went FBR. I think I was chatting or on the phone with someone and I was like got to go! I jumped in and rescued it. Turned out it was the bully of the 5. The only one with feathers.

Later I was liked, hmmm, that wasn’t smart considering I ain’t got the water cleared and I know there are snappers in here. Later ol’ girl reminded me I shouldn’t have done that.

So, i rescued a bird from certain death.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UaEC-lWSlmI

You mean snapping turtles? I've seen them on TV, you're a brave man. Not sure that birds siblings will be thanking you 😆
  • tmanthree
    Options
    Yep. 12” and larger. At least these two are.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,610 Member
    Options

p6299owtll1n.jpeg

So, funny story. I was hogging around the pond. Cleaning up cattails and brush. And I came across a red winged black bird nest. Had 5 eggs on it. I was checking on it then the hatched. All good. A couple days later there was one and it looked fully feathered. I thought it was the mamma. I got too close and it tried to take off and landed in the pond and started trying to fly out but couldn’t. Went straight for the other bank across the middle of the pond. I went FBR. I think I was chatting or on the phone with someone and I was like got to go! I jumped in and rescued it. Turned out it was the bully of the 5. The only one with feathers.

Later I was liked, hmmm, that wasn’t smart considering I ain’t got the water cleared and I know there are snappers in here. Later ol’ girl reminded me I shouldn’t have done that.

I was eavesdropping.
    That was sweet of you to rescue the bird.
    Look at this:
    5k5kbamakao1.jpeg

Dude caught this 100lb monster in a lake here in Oklahoma. 😳
  • tmanthree
    Options

p6299owtll1n.jpeg

I was eavesdropping.
    That was sweet of you to rescue the bird.
    Look at this:
    5k5kbamakao1.jpeg

Dude caught this 100lb monster in a lake here in Oklahoma. 😳

Eavesdropping. Lol.

That’s insane. We don’t have alligator snapping turtles here. Only common ones. They only get up to 30 pounds usually I think.
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

Sorry if so.

Brag all you want, a good deed is a good deed ❤ I've only seen 1 person around here saying something negative about that and that person is irrelevant and the only thing that person does is lurk and disagree. 😊 don't let people like that get to you. Nice to see you back!
  • tmanthree
    Options

Sorry if so.

Brag all you want, a good deed is a good deed ❤ I've only seen 1 person around here saying something negative about that and that person is irrelevant and the only thing that person does is lurk and disagree. 😊 don't let people like that get to you. Nice to see you back!

Thanks. I appreciatecha.
  • tmanthree
    Options
    Got all the work done I’m doing for today:
    Dogs- ✔️
    Chickens- ✔️
    School- ✔️
    $ paying work- ✔️

Now time for me…

Getting the Oklahoma Joe’s smoker ready to go to BBQ some pork short ribs and have a cookout for myself.

I gotta get my grilling , BBQ’ing, and smoking game up to par for July 4th. 19 confirmed, and a couple few tentative, peeps coming from as far away as 600 miles. I throw some hella great 4th of July parties. Or so I’ve been told.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Got all the work done I’m doing for today:
    Dogs- ✔️
    Chickens- ✔️
    School- ✔️
    $ paying work- ✔️

Now time for me…

Getting the Oklahoma Joe’s smoker ready to go to BBQ some pork short ribs and have a cookout for myself.

I gotta get my grilling , BBQ’ing, and smoking game up to par for July 4th. 19 confirmed, and a couple few tentative, peeps coming from as far away as 600 miles. I throw some hella great 4th of July parties. Or so I’ve been told.

Mmmmm ribs *drool*