• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Working at the Congress Center Messe in Frankfurt.

My birth city
    Frankfurt, Germany is your birth city?

Yup
    Very cool. I'd ask you for recommendations, but I have very little time off on this job. Really just Thursday afternoon and I've already made plans with a few others to check out the Christmas Market.

I was just born there - have no real memory of it - but I live in schweinfurt from like 87-90 or 91ish - and do remember that place - it had a cool town market however I wasn’t impressed when I was a kids thought it was lame - I need to try to get back as an adult

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,750 Member
    Options
    Just got back from dinner break. It was a little odd, but actually very good. It was meatballs, rice and something that tasted like vegetable soup (but was thicker) that went on the rice like a sauce or gravy. And now... back to work.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,200 Member
    Options
    Just got back from dinner break. It was a little odd, but actually very good. It was meatballs, rice and something that tasted like vegetable soup (but was thicker) that went on the rice like a sauce or gravy. And now... back to work.

They sounds like really good. I feel like friends served us similar in Austria.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    cibfu1h03x8o.jpeg
    Ignore the numbers. They’re wrong.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,520 Member
    Options
    Eating some food, trying to get back into the swing of things after 4 days of being ill.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Eating some food, trying to get back into the swing of things after 4 days of being ill.

🤗🤗
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    cibfu1h03x8o.jpeg

How did you number the legs and the arms ?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

You too eh? Hope you're 100% again Mel 🤗
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,200 Member
    Options
    cibfu1h03x8o.jpeg

This reminds me I need to start in one of these for my brother. Good luck with yours
  • Kenn1414
    Kenn1414 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    cibfu1h03x8o.jpeg

I feel like I read somewhere recently that most commercial gingerbread houses aren't made out of gingerbread. Can anyone confirm? lol
  • Kenn1414
    Options
    About to log on to work sadly. Where is Friday?
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Kenn1414 wrote: »
    cibfu1h03x8o.jpeg

I feel like I read somewhere recently that most commercial gingerbread houses aren't made out of gingerbread. Can anyone confirm? lol

Sorry idk. Also definitions vary

ETA
    This is my great grandmother‘s recipe. Instructions are minimal because that’s how they did it and the measurements are by volume because we are American
    fayajeio54jr.jpeg
    The egg white is reserved for use in the ornamental frosting that holds the structure together
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    cibfu1h03x8o.jpeg

This reminds me I need to start in one of these for my brother. Good luck with yours

Thanks. For some reason my first batch is always like pancakes. I need a practice run or two before I get it right. Every single year
  • cmsienk
    Options
    cibfu1h03x8o.jpeg

Thanks. For some reason my first batch is always like pancakes. I need a practice run or two before I get it right. Every single year
    Gingerbread pancakes sound delicious! 😋
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    cibfu1h03x8o.jpeg

Gingerbread pancakes sound delicious! 😋
    That does sound good!
  • SunflowerQueen36
    SunflowerQueen36 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Having left over veggie lo mein for breakfast... but now I want gingerbread pancakes.
  • Kenn1414
    Options
    Having left over veggie lo mein for breakfast... but now I want gingerbread pancakes.

Now I'm thinking of Peking Duck Gingerbread Pancakes. Sounds kind of lit tbh
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I'm waiting for my uber to take me to the Christmas Market in Frankfurt
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

I hope you have fun! I am walking in the rain in a parking lot
  • cmsienk
    Options

I hope you have fun! I am walking in the rain in a parking lot
    Well, our uber canceled on us several times... so 5 of us are now squished in a taxi