What are you doing RIGHT NOW???

Options

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    HyeKarma wrote: »
    Getting ready to be a human forklift. Then entertaining mom by doing a cookie baking activity with her. White Chocolate Macadamia.

can I come join in on the baking? This is my second favorite cookie of all time! :p

don't make me beg... :'(
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    texting with my hitting partner about what time we will be on court this afternoon. Looks like about 3:30p so only 2.5 hours left of working. W00t!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    jamcdonel wrote: »
    Wondering how in the •kitten- I am supposed to fit contact lenses on an ADHD 7 year old! Seriously? At 4:30. On Friday afternoon.
    I don't know what in the •kitten• this mother is thinking, but contacts are like 3x the amount of work as glasses, and NOT a viable solution to the fact that he keeps breaking his glasses. Like 3 times in the last 6 months. Yes, He still has to have glasses. Contacts are not an "instead of" glasses, they are a "sometimes, in addition to". She absolutely will not take "NO" for an answer.

Holy smokes. A 7 year old?! That is crazy and the mom is nuts. The youngest we have fit is a 9 year old and she was a mature 9 year old. Good luck with that. Hopefully mom is a wearer because she will probably be putting them in and out for him.
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    Wondering how in the •kitten- I am supposed to fit contact lenses on an ADHD 7 year old! Seriously? At 4:30. On Friday afternoon.
    I don't know what in the •kitten• this mother is thinking, but contacts are like 3x the amount of work as glasses, and NOT a viable solution to the fact that he keeps breaking his glasses. Like 3 times in the last 6 months. Yes, He still has to have glasses. Contacts are not an "instead of" glasses, they are a "sometimes, in addition to". She absolutely will not take "NO" for an answer.

just let her find out for herself. You still get paid, even though it'll be a disaster

Holy smokes. A 7 year old?! That is crazy and the mom is nuts. The youngest we have fit is a 9 year old and she was a mature 9 year old. Good luck with that. Hopefully mom is a wearer because she will probably be putting them in and out for him.
    The only reason we are agreeing to do this is because of the $.

And Aly, she IS a wearer. And she will. She is one of our "frequent flyers". One of those dyed in the wool. 20 hours a day, 365 days a year for 25 years wearers. Wears them through infections, everything. Absolutely refuses to wear her glasses. Put her other son in CL's at 9 because "glasses are stupid". Not looking forward to this. I am not going to struggle with I&R. I am going to put them in (if I can), check the fit, and tell her "good luck".
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

just let her find out for herself. You still get paid, even though it'll be a disaster

And Aly, she IS a wearer. And she will. She is one of our "frequent flyers". One of those dyed in the wool. 20 hours a day, 365 days a year for 25 years wearers. Wears them through infections, everything. Absolutely refuses to wear her glasses. Put her other son in CL's at 9 because "glasses are stupid". Not looking forward to this. I am not going to struggle with I&R. I am going to put them in (if I can), check the fit, and tell her "good luck".

Lol yep. I would make that the fastest I&R ever. I am guessing she hasn't bought herself new glasses in 20 years. Then complains when dies have to wear them cuz she can't see. Then makes it your problem. We are luckily that when we tell a pt. no contacts with an infection, they listen. Some of them complain that they have no glasses and try to make it my problem but I don't take their *kitten*.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    csbnga wrote: »
    Thinking how my oatmeal smells no where near as good as the pot luck luncheon in the front office. I had to get out of there before I had barbecue sauce smeared all over my face.

Oatmeal for lunch? That's a terrible idea. I want pics of your face coated in bbq

Some things, such as a bbq sauce infused beard, can never be unseen.
  • jamcdonel
    Options

Lol yep. I would make that the fastest I&R ever. I am guessing she hasn't bought herself new glasses in 20 years. Then complains when dies have to wear them cuz she can't see. Then makes it your problem. We are luckily that when we tell a pt. no contacts with an infection, they listen. Some of them complain that they have no glasses and try to make it my problem but I don't take their *kitten*.

So you know her! I think every practice has one...or several.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    Enjoying my care-less day.. i worked hard to be off today, and I really could careless about anything. :#
  • Commando35
    Commando35 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Chilling on my bed
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Still counting minutes...20 of them then I can leave.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Eating an orange and a cheese stick, preparing to go to the gym. It's weights day! B)
    synchkat wrote: »
    I'm trying to find stove top cleaner

Make a paste out of baking soda and a little bit of water. Works like a charm for me! :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Waiting for a marinara sauce to simmer while drinking some of the left over wine.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    Watching Alien vs. Predator while trying to decide if I want to cook dinner or have it delivered
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Watching Alien vs. Predator while trying to decide if I want to cook dinner or have it delivered

The original predator is one of my all time faves
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

The original predator is one of my all time faves

Lol mine too! Love it.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    cooking food
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    cooking food

me too!
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    just got done working out, and now, i shall get naked and shower
  • jamcdonel
    Options
    Waiting on DW to arrive home with Pizza. She was supposed to be home an hour ago, but her students talked her into going for Smoothies.