Gave into craving..help!

Options
2»

Replies

• BodyzLanguage
    BodyzLanguage Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    @MaureenRefior Lol, please elaborate, I'm curious..
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Okay, what is IF?

Taken from Google (I'm being lazy)

Intermittent fasting is an eating pattern where you cycle between periods of eating and fasting. It does not say anything about which foods to eat, but rather when you should eat them. There are several different intermittent fasting methods, all of which split the day or week into eating periods and fasting periods.

Example of fasting - 16/8, 18/6 etc. The higher number being the fasting period the lower number being the eating window.

You still have to watch your calories though...just to be clear. It's just a way of timing your meals that makes it easier for some of us to meet our calorie goal.
  • MaureenRefior
    MaureenRefior Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    @BodyzLanguage I would just keep eating the high calorie foods, all the time. And then have a salad for breakfast, and then proceed to eat a 4,00 calorie lunch and a 9,000 calorie dinner. And then go eat a box of laxatives, lol.
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options
    @eveandqsmom I agree, the calorie deficit is vital no matter ones way of eating.

@MaureenRefior I don't get why a bit of fasting would make you do that. You can always break your fast with a decent sized meal. No one said you had to eat rabbit food after fasting.
  • LbrookA
    LbrookA Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    manicmuse1 wrote: »
    I think it really depends on where you are at and your diet. Things really taste different based on if you eat a lot of sugar regularly or not, in my opinion.

Like for me I am focusing on keto paleo. Very high fat, moderate protein, minimal carbs. No sugar.

My ice cream fix in a pinch?

2-3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 tsp stevia
    1 scoop chocolate protein
    2-4 ice cubes
    1 cup almond milk
    1 tablespoon cashew butter
    1 tablespoon coconut oil (cause I need the fat content)

Pinterest Paleo dessert recipes are my best friend and great for those looking to go low carb. That is where I found a recipe similar to mine that I was able to modify for my needs.

I get a lot of cravings. I really find keeping a well stocked kitchen of healthy building blocks in essential. When the cravings strike, I can whip something healthy but tasty together really fast and stomp out those cravings before they turning into a midnight run to Walmart for ice cream.

Also I highly suggest homemade almond joys stored in the freezer. Ohhh or almond meal peanut butter Paleo cookies!

Hope at least something I said helps!
    manicmuse1 wrote: »
    I think it really depends on where you are at and your diet. Things really taste different based on if you eat a lot of sugar regularly or not, in my opinion.

Like for me I am focusing on keto paleo. Very high fat, moderate protein, minimal carbs. No sugar.

My ice cream fix in a pinch?

2-3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 tsp stevia
    1 scoop chocolate protein
    2-4 ice cubes
    1 cup almond milk
    1 tablespoon cashew butter
    1 tablespoon coconut oil (cause I need the fat content)

Pinterest Paleo dessert recipes are my best friend and great for those looking to go low carb. That is where I found a recipe similar to mine that I was able to modify for my needs.

I get a lot of cravings. I really find keeping a well stocked kitchen of healthy building blocks in essential. When the cravings strike, I can whip something healthy but tasty together really fast and stomp out those cravings before they turning into a midnight run to Walmart for ice cream.

Also I highly suggest homemade almond joys stored in the freezer. Ohhh or almond meal peanut butter Paleo cookies!

Hope at least something I said helps!

• MaureenRefior
    MaureenRefior Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    @BodyzLanguage - I'm bulimic, and my brain is wired to just keep eating.
  • LbrookA
    LbrookA Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great advice, Paleo has lots of good desert ideas. Some of them you have to have shopped for. Odd ingredients, you might not have everything in your pantry.
    Once your off sugar you might not have the same cravings.
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options
    LbrookA wrote: »
    Great advice, Paleo has lots of good desert ideas. Some of them you have to have shopped for. Odd ingredients, you might not have everything in your pantry.
    Once your off sugar you might not have the same cravings.

Yeah you don't the same cravings once you've stopped eating sugar. However, for me, cutting sugar out permanently isn't sustainable. I just regulate it pretty well. Because the more I do eat of it, the more I crave it.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You can't stop eating sugar if you want good health - there's sugar in fruit, vegetables, dairy. But you can reduce cravings by either incorporate the treats you crave in moderate amounts, or just stop buying them. No matter what, make sure you are eating a varied and balanced diet, and food you like. Low carb is just a method to reduce calories, and may not work well for everybody. You have to find out for yourself what works and what doesn't work for you.
  • sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    If you Google hemsley and hemsley they have a pea mint chocolate ice cream recipe that looks healthier than regular.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    erm.....nope cant think of anything in the world I swap for chocolate ice cream