Gaining boobies back after weight loss?

Options
Ive always been quite proud of my rather large bosom, and since losing weight they seem to have suffered more than I'd have liked. lol..

So the other day I was thinking, If your boobs are the first thing to go when losing weight, are they also the first thing to return if you gain?

I then made a plan to lose about 10-15lbs extra after reaching my goal weight, then maybe maintaining for a few months and healthily gaining those 10-15lbs back.

big question.. would that actually work?

Replies

• imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand your logic, about healthily gaining back the weight?:noway: and not everyone loses fromthe bosom, I kept my girlies, i'm a 34D and they look better then ever..due to exercise..weights to be exact...it helps keep the muscle toned and makes your girlies a little perkier while it's at it.
  • KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    of course you can healthily gain weight! gaining weight doesnt automatically lead to big ol cheeseburgers and sitting on your butt all day :tongue:
  • maleva720
    maleva720 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    probably wont work but if it does let me know :o)
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    of course you can healthily gain weight! gaining weight doesnt automatically lead to big ol cheeseburgers and sitting on your butt all day :tongue:

no, what I don't get is gaining back weight to have bigger tatas! I know you can gain weight without eating crap, to gain it back for tatas??? that just seems like vanity to me. Of that's what floatsyour boat though...then you have to do what ultimately makes you happy..what about implants??:flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    About the same here. I have lost 53lbs now, 46 since starting here, and yes, my bra size has went down, but not my cup size. At 255lbs in January, I wore a 44C. Right now, at 201.8lbs I wear a 40C. Due to my hernia, I don't lift weights, but I do alot of other exercise to help tighten my body. I can't see where gaining 10-15 back would help you on the healthy side, nor gain the boobs back. It sounds like you might have had alot of 'fat' in that area, not the tight boob muscle. Remember....there's always implants! ;0)
    Keep up the good work you are doing to loose!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    What I think imagymrat is trying to say is that breasts are primarily fat and tissue and you'll have to gain back the fat in order to them to be on the heafty side again. You can easily do chest press, flys, ect to build up the pecs but it's not going to make them bigger or go back to what they were before the weight loss. If they were the first thing you lost....they will most likely be the last thing to gain. Trust me....after haveing a child (I was a 36 E right after I had her....I'm now a 34 B-and much like a deflated ballon, lol) there isn't much you can do except a possible boob job/lift.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Nope. Your body releases fat wherever it wants to and your boobs are mostly just fat. Sorry to disappoint. :( My boobs were close to first to go and the last to come on. My thighs were first and they're finally starting to go...does that mean I'm almost done?
  • KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    no, what I don't get is gaining back weight to have bigger tatas! I know you can gain weight without eating crap, to gain it back for tatas??? that just seems like vanity to me. Of that's what floatsyour boat though...then you have to do what ultimately makes you happy..what about implants??:flowerforyou: :laugh:

Lols, yes I guess it could be called vanity, I'd prefer to think of it as "keeping my assets"

I dont know, i guess Ive always had bigger breasts, and growing up its the only thing about my body i have been really happy with, Im just a bit worried that if they go i will lose all motivation and self confidence. Yes, I know in turn thats something I need to change, i dont hate my body, im comfortable in it, but id rather be fit, healthy and have melons and not fried eggs.

and nah to implants, Id rather be 100% kimmy. Besides, im too poor for any kind of aesthetic surgery.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Cheers to not going down the surgery route....Breasts are fat, and I think women with huge boobs are usually heavier anyway *ducks and covers*, but that's not in EVERY case of course. I just know that when I lose weight they get smaller in proportion to my body...they fit...I would rather be small breasted and thin...it just looks right as opposed to thin with unnaturally big boobs. Plus, it's easier to exersize without having to wear a crazy sports bra to keep them from getting in the way.
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options

Lols, yes I guess it could be called vanity, I'd prefer to think of it as "keeping my assets"

I dont know, i guess Ive always had bigger breasts, and growing up its the only thing about my body i have been really happy with, Im just a bit worried that if they go i will lose all motivation and self confidence. Yes, I know in turn thats something I need to change, i dont hate my body, im comfortable in it, but id rather be fit, healthy and have melons and not fried eggs.

and nah to implants, Id rather be 100% kimmy. Besides, im too poor for any kind of aesthetic surgery.

LOL about the fried eggs, I'm soooo with you on that one!! I feel like I'm a slowly deflating balloon and I'm only 32 but after 3 kids I guess it's to be expected. I was a 38C and still am but i don't fill the cup out like I used to :( I always lose from my breasts and my face first, guess it's just the way it goes but I'm with you about wanting the girls to look good!!
  • luv2run4fun
    Options
    Never had much to start with and have even less now...there are these wonderful things called a "super strapless adhesive bra"--a.k.a. "boobs in a box" at many department stores, including Target...they are a great enhancement for lifting and filling out. Love them and even better...they're removeable! That's as good as it gets!!!:wink:
  • anikab
    anikab Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand your logic, about healthily gaining back the weight?:noway: and not everyone loses fromthe bosom, I kept my girlies, i'm a 34D and they look better then ever..due to exercise..weights to be exact...it helps keep the muscle toned and makes your girlies a little perkier while it's at it.

I also lift weights and my tiny tatas have grown a size since :bigsmile:
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Don't worry Kimmy, when you reach your goal, hopefully you will be able to see some new assets :flowerforyou:
  • MColette
    MColette Posts: 62
    Options
    The first thing to go with weight loss, in my case, was the boobs and the butt LOL

I went from a size 34 B to a 36 C with the weight gain and I looked like JLO in the butt, the thing is that boobs are mostly fat so when you lose weight they tend to shrink :(

That's why super models and stars have surgery cause with all the exercise and dieting that they do most of them end up with no boobs.

I wish I could just lose weight from the abs and arms and that's it everythig else could stay as it was before, but we don't get to choose, my butt is smaller but is way more defined and toned with exercise, but for the boobs there's not much you can do with exercise, just make them perkier.
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    With the possiblity of getting hit in the head looming..... I personally like big boobs. I think God should give all women huge breast (ducks). But I didn't marry my wife for her boobs. I would never fall in love with someone for their boobs. It's best to just be fit and healthy and let God put your boobs at whatever size He wants them to be. Boobs doesn't make a person. Their heart makes a person. You have to be comfortable and feel sexy with whoever you are.
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I want my breasts to be smaller but it hasn't happened so far. I've lost 34 lbs and they're still the same size. The store I go to doesn't sell bras big enough to fit me. I'm breastfeeding my 3 month old so I don't see myself losing to much in that area. Maybe you could have some of mine? lol
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I've lost a lot of my girls too. It was pretty disappointing, even though I know it's healthier, b/c I'm kinda like you: they were a large source of my confidence, and I was at one point very close to the "ideal" hourglass shape of having equal hips and breasts and a waist 10" smaller...they were all LARGE, but I was pretty close to that ratio! :ohwell:

As someone who's already somewhat-heathily YOYOed a little (gained while unemployed and have now gotten almost back to the weight I was before graduating college) I can tell you that the girls weren't even the first thing to come back. It seems my butt and thighs are the last to lose AND the first to gain! :sad:
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Cheers to not going down the surgery route....Breasts are fat, and I think women with huge boobs are usually heavier anyway *ducks and covers*, but that's not in EVERY case of course. I just know that when I lose weight they get smaller in proportion to my body...they fit...I would rather be small breasted and thin...it just looks right as opposed to thin with unnaturally big boobs. Plus, it's easier to exersize without having to wear a crazy sports bra to keep them from getting in the way.

I agree that it's all about the proportion! Having big boobs is not the same as having a big body with proportional boobs.

That said, I totally understand what the OP means. For every 5 lbs I lose, my stomach and waist will get smaller first and then my boobs will follow. For that small period of time, my boobs look much bigger (proportionally.) If I could stop a couple pounds short of my goal weight (or gain a couple after reaching it) to keep bigger boobs, I would!!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i'm sure your boobs are bigger than you think they are.

have you seen photos of marylin monroe naked? her boobs are kind of small in that context, and she was smokin' hot.

it's very unlikely that you will be out of proportion when you reach your goal weight. besides, unless you had your bra fitted by a professional you've probably been wearing the wrong size bra anyway... so don't pay attention to the numbers.

super big boobs are kind of gross in a lot of ways. i'm kind of excited to be able to go braless one day.. or at least have the option.