Whole eggs

Options
I eat up to 4 6 eggs with yolk a day But not all together breakfast lunch dinner or snacking I do exercise everyday weights running body pump kettles yoga spin metafit I don't like meats a lot and lentils sometimes time consuming cause I cook from raw! Is this ok?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It's fine.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    46 or 4 to 6 :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    why wouldn't it be?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    What are your nutrition goals?

Are you getting enough protein? I've read it's good not to go over 300 mg of cholesterol a day, so that would be too many eggs. But.... it can be ok for some people.

1 egg has
    1.6 g Saturated fat
    187 mg Cholesterol
    6 g of protein

You might do better with lean cuts of meat, like fish or chicken (no skin). Or you can do some planning and get all your protein needs from plants and be just fine, it depends on your goals.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    To cut back on cholesterol, I use fewer whole eggs and more egg whites. It still tastes the same, still a lot of protein, just less cholesterol.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    What are your nutrition goals?

Are you getting enough protein? I've read it's good not to go over 300 mg of cholesterol a day, so that would be too many eggs. But.... it can be ok for some people.

1 egg has
    1.6 g Saturated fat
    187 mg Cholesterol
    6 g of protein

You might do better with lean cuts of meat, like fish or chicken (no skin). Or you can do some planning and get all your protein needs from plants and be just fine, it depends on your goals.

Why? That's not much fat and there really is no link between dietary cholesterol and blood serum levels except in rare cases.