Super introvert :-)

Options
Looking for a new friend to chat with; a little busy with real life sometimes but would be fun to have a phone friend that understands all of this and stuff :-)

Replies

• bunnyghost
    bunnyghost Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    fg5hmujdqcsj.gif
  • kirkscott1426
    kirkscott1426 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    I get stuff. Sometimes it's nice to also give stuff too. Or not give a stuff. Stuff.

Hilarious

• petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Phone friend? I'm too much of an introvert to talk to people on the phone.

I too am afraid of the phone. SO much expectation.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    When i get made to order the takeaway on the phone, i write down what I'm going to say first...

I'll pay the extra $1 to go through grubhub so they have to call for me. Every time I order on the phone they get the order wrong anyway, so aggravating.
  • nukephysics
    nukephysics Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I completely changed my mind on where I'm ordering from if I can't order online.
    Yes, the less I have to talk to people the better.
  • nukephysics
    nukephysics Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    resized_conspiracy-keanu-meme-generator-what-if-i-could-actually-talk-to-people-de2780.jpg
  • Lipsmahoney
    Lipsmahoney Posts: 512 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Sweet love of might !!!! A call, unexpected visitors and small talk. I shutter at the thought or sit in awkward silence at the very least.
  • Justme_1
    Justme_1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job. Slow boring days. Always up for a chat. Phone is difficult, too many ears.
    Penpal capable
  • _puedohacerlo_
    _puedohacerlo_ Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    0aht64nu34kx.jpeg
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I send almost everyone to voicemail so I can mentally prep before talking. Fergodssake, why can't people just text me?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    So, you guys must avoid toll booths and just drive the really long way.

Nah. I can do 'hello' and I'm ok ordering when I go somewhere... Phone is just rough.

The worst for me? Being invited to an outing with my kids' friends' mom and find out that she had invited another 6 moms... none of which I really know. That was really hard to me. I DID go to a party she invited me to a couple weeks ago but I had a week to mentally prepare (same people. Still don't really know them). Yesterday was really rough, man.

Another one - my daughter has that friend she loves. They've been BFFs since October. They've been playing on the playground after school pretty much half the time during the year too... I would just sit on a bench with my phone or something or talk with another mom I know (as long as she was alone). Her dad was always there too... Well it took me until June to actually talk to her dad (ok we exhanged a couple words at my daughter's birthday party), and it's because the girls were asking for a playdate AND he's the one who actually came to talk to me because we were completely put on the spot. The funny thing is that we actually get along really well now... we even went camping with them. But yeah... that's me in a nutshell.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Phone friend? I'm too much of an introvert to talk to people on the phone.

Haha...when I read the subject, and then drilled into the post, I was like "Phone?? Introverts don't like phones!" LOL. My favorite introvert meme says "I'm sorry I didn't answer my phone when you called. I don't use it for that."