Hello from the Old Pueblo!

Hello all! My name is Tina and I am from Tucson, Arizona. I am new here; my mother, daughter, and I have all joined and we each have different goals but it's great to be able to support each other. I am almost 47, have Graves Disease and a muscle disability. With the aid of daily medications, I am struggling to regulate my metabolism as I no longer have a thyroid to do it naturally and my muscle disability leaves me with daily chronic pain, very weak muscles, and serious limits to the amount of exercise that I can do. Despite all of that, I am determined to be successful and think that the extended community here is wonderful. I have been reading posts and suggestions and am slowly transitioning to full participation here. Just wanted to say hi and briefly introduce myself. I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Replies

• Keep going! I was born without a Thyroid so I am in the same boat. Good thing is that we don't have regular imbalances. I've never let not having a thyroid stop me but sometimes I wonder whether it's extra hard for me to loose weight. I'm getting older now and it's definitely harder!
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Good luck on your goals to you, your mom and daughter! MFP, to me is a great site. I have some awesome friends on here who helps keep me going when I start losing it.
    I'm also in Tucson!