Eat whatever you want

Options
Anyone else besides me eat whatever the heck they want and just use portion control??

Replies

• HokieBrad
    HokieBrad Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    How I do it. Much easier for me and so far the results have been to my liking. At the end if the day as long as I took in less than my recommended daily calorie intake I'm happy
  • JoeCWV
    JoeCWV Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yep lost 70 pounds and have kept it off for a couple years.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's what I always do. It's called the IIFYM Diet [If It Fits Your Macros]. Basically eat what you want, but keep portions under control so you don't go over on calories or macros.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Yup, I still eat the foods I love so long as I log it and have the calories for it. I have gone over here and there, but no big deal. I log it and move on. I burn close to 3000 calories a day anyway so my overage is usually 200-300 calories.
  • emjam99
    emjam99 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Lol yes
  • 34blast
    34blast Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you normally eat. If you eat only junk you may not end up looking like you want. I would say you want to be healthier overall I suspect not just weight less. Sometimes learning to eat healthier can make a big difference. You body needs certain nutrients e.g. vegetables, fruits, etc. Since I started eating healthier, I eat a lot more total, but the same calories, so more of a lifestyle change.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    mrbullfrog wrote: »
    Anyone else besides me eat whatever the heck they want and just use portion control??

Yep ...

But fortunately, I suppose, I really like veggies and fruit and brown rice and cottage cheese and low cal yogurt (prefer it to the thicker yogurts) and whole grain breads and chicken and tuna ... etc. etc. etc. That's the food I grew up on (for the most part) and have eaten most of my adult life.

Of course, I also like Mexican food (mmmm ... burritos!) and pizza and ice cream ... so I still have them, but in moderation.

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    No, I want fritters and developed a wheat allergy as an adult so I can't eat what o want
  • briannarios60
    briannarios60 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Yes! Only thing that works for me. If I cut any "bad" foods out I wouldnt last too long. I still try to eat healthy though, sometimes. But I'm human and crave junk food so I eat it in moderation
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    mrbullfrog wrote: »

Yup. Of course I take into consideration the effect something has on me when I decide what I want.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I did. It works just fine if you budget your calories. I try to eat healthy now for reasons.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Mostly. I definitely still eat candy and cookies on a daily basis. But I have protein goals I try to meet so I often eat Greek yogurt or special k protein cereal when I'd rather be eating lucky charms. ;) I don't limit carbs or sugar though, I eat what I want there as long as I'm getting my protein goal met.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Nope, because what I want to eat, what I really really want to eat, is usually beyond my budget if I were to eat it on a daily basis. ^^
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    No. Eating whatever I wanted was the problem. I needed to cut a few foods in order to get healthy. Some of the foods that I wanted did not agree with me.
  • bbordner
    bbordner Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I do, but beers with the guys on Friday tends to put me over for the day. So I try to budget it, workout a little harder that day, and try to keep it under my maintenance calories.