Rant: Eyes are rolling when I'm counting

Last week I had my annual executive check-up. Found out that my BMI is way above my normal limit. So as prescribed by my doctor and nutritionist, i began weighing and counting calories of my food intake. Im happy that i'm eating right and keeping my limit.

But when people that surrounds me began rolling their eyes when they see me inputting everything in MFP. Then the nagging started as if i'm not eating at all. Don't get me wrong. I still eat. But not as much as I used to. I eat more of protein, veggies and fruits, trying my very best to totally take out all the white carbs out of my diet.

But again, I still see eyes rolling, Sadly.

It's hard to start living a healthier life. It's easier to slack and have a meltdown and go back to where I was before. Being judged as a health freak makes it even harder.

But I'm determined to reach my goals. I wanted a healthier life. I just hope I'd be able to ignore unhelpful remarks and just go on with what I have already started.

Replies

• stacylyle13
    stacylyle13 Posts: 14 Member
    It's really hard when it's people close to you. I just remind myself if I want it bad enough I'll find a way.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    You will be able to ignore it..never allow others to influence decisions that benefit you! Let them roll their eyes..you have taken action to a better you..that should be applauded, not shamed!

Keep it up!!
  • sunny_girl_tls
    sunny_girl_tls Posts: 422 Member
    Its definitely hard, but your health is the most important thing! Keep it up and don't let them deter you. You got this!