Shawbhala!

Options
Hello all,

Hope everyone's enjoying the summer! I was hoping to find some support here because I really want to attend the Shawbhala festival at the Salmo River Ranch (British Columbia). However knowing that a bunch of chicks going there won't be wearing much clothing (frequently only a thong and bandeau) I'm feeling extremely self conscious about attending ( specially since it'll be with my boyfriend). I'm not wanting to dress scanty clad but I don't want to feel like the chunkiest person there.

SW: 174 lbs
CW: 160 lbs
GW: 130-140ish lbs

Height: 171 cm

Thanks!!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun, just do it anyway. I guarantee you not everyone will have the perfect body.
  • Jean8595
    Jean8595 Posts: 32 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Idk how to delete this duplicate. Ignore this pls lol
  • Jean8595
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Sounds like fun, just do it anyway. I guarantee you not everyone will have the perfect body.

I'm definitely going I'm just nervous my insecurity will make the experience less awesome...
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Find something to wear that looks really amazing on you!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Jean8595 wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »

I'm definitely going I'm just nervous my insecurity will make the experience less awesome...

Wear something you feel comfortable in, you dont need to walk around half naked like the other girls...
  • LokiGrrl
    LokiGrrl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    The festival, from what I can tell, is at the end of this month. I'm thinking 20-30 pounds is a bit much to lose in that time frame.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Hey I am in BC too.
    You won't lose a lot of weight by then so get your outfit together, as skimpy as you want, and wear it around the house so you are comfortable in it.
    Good posture and confidence work wonders.
    Also get a big floaty sheer wrap/coverup so you can float around giving glimpses of what is underneath.
    You are going to have so much fun.

Cheers, h.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    5'7" and 160 lbs, you are not going to be "the chunkiest person there". Per BMI, you have achieved the cusp between normal and overweight categories.

I am 5'7" as well, so I have inside knowledge of what I speak. In fact there was an event I attended at above your starting weight (@ 178 lbs) where I was running around from practically to nearly naked for the entire three days. No one cared. We were all there for the event and to have fun, not to critique each others percent body fat.

If you spend your life forever comparing yourself to others, you will never be happy. Never.

• Jean8595
    Options
    LokiGrrl wrote: »
    The festival, from what I can tell, is at the end of this month. I'm thinking 20-30 pounds is a bit much to lose in that time frame.

I'm planning on going to the one next year 2017

• LokiGrrl
    LokiGrrl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Jean8595 wrote: »
    LokiGrrl wrote: »

I'm planning on going to the one next year 2017

Oh, well you're in good shape then, bonus points for thinking ahead!
  • Jean8595
    Options
    Okay well this is embarrassing!! I spelt the festival wrong... It's Shambhala...