moms working 3rd shift and staying home with their kids?

Options
nrbrake
nrbrake Posts: 38 Member
Hey guys I'm getting ready to start working night shift and then I will be at home with my baby during the day. I'm looking for people, moms specifically to help support me and be supported in this new phase of life! I've currently lose 35 pounds with about 30 more to go! I'm really worried I will be so tired I will eat all day... Also, I will have less time to work out. Add me!

Replies

• nrbrake
    Options
    bump!!
  • jenniferharrisricard
    Options
    Hi 3rd is tough. When do you plan on sleeping?
  • blessedmomof3girls
    blessedmomof3girls Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi - I noticed during weight loss working 3rd shift seemed to mess with my metabolism. I have three kids, and I worked nights for several years, and took care of them in the daytime. I never had a sitter ONCE lol. My husband went to work when I got home. I can't lie, it is hard, but not having to shove out tons of money on daycare, and to be with my kids was worth it!

It depended on the night. Yes, I did have a lot of issues with battling with being so tired, hungry, cranky, and having food around me constantly lol (I worked in nursing, there were always snacks). But also I know there was a LOT of days I didn't even eat. I just had no energy to, and working nights seems so backwards. You can friend me if you want to, and I can lend you support as you need it!
  • asiedu86
    asiedu86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey. I work 3rd shift in nursing and its tough. I go home to three little kids and am tired. There are snacks at the desk and when there aren't I'm eating my lunch at 3am so I don't know what I'm suppose to eat! When I get home I sleep and then wake up to eat by 2pm? I don't wanna mess my metabolism up anymore than it is.lol add me and we can support eachother
  • blessedmomof3girls
    blessedmomof3girls Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey. I work 3rd shift in nursing and its tough. I go home to three little kids and am tired. There are snacks at the desk and when there aren't I'm eating my lunch at 3am so I don't know what I'm suppose to eat! When I get home I sleep and then wake up to eat by 2pm? I don't wanna mess my metabolism up anymore than it is.lol add me and we can support eachother

Lol about not being able to mess up your metabolism anymore then it already is, and YES the desk at my work is always always full of goodies.... seems like there's something about being up all night that makes those little boosts of caffeine and food sound SO good. Plus it seems like eating has always helped me stay awake damn it. Makes it even harder to want to stop eating!
  • nrbrake
    Options
    I plan on sleeping from 4:30-whenever my little girl wakes up...4 hours at most.