Here's my story

Hey there :)
So I thought that I'd post my story here.
I come from a family with a history of health problems related to obesity. I realized that I needed to get fit in my early 20s after seeing many of my immediate relatives suffer. I tried going to the gym and made changes in my diet. But I lacked the motivation and push to do it as I'd keep going back to eating junk and skipped my training sessions. I knew that I wasn't doing anyone any favors, so I just cancelled my gym membership. My brother and I decided that we needed to try the 'buddy-system' whereby we motivate and encourage each other all the time to achieve our weight loss goals. We even enrolled ourselves at this weight loss program for men here in Toronto. Though we had initial adjustment issues due to our lack of fitness, we were enjoying it towards the end.
All I'm trying to say is that it may seem difficult and impossible at times. But with the right attitude and motivation, anyone can do what they set their sights on.
I am so close to achieving my personal fitness goals now and couldn't have been happier.

To those who are about to embark on their fitness journey and looking for motivation, I say, 'Keep at it, Keep at it'. There's no shortcut to success. This may sound like some movie motivational speech, but haha sometimes you need to hear stuff like that.

Replies

• cookma423
    cookma423 Posts: 62 Member
    Good for you! For some, the most difficult part is getting started into a fitness program. Stick with it, and great results will follow. There is a lot of good advice in these forums, and plenty of people for support. It's a great community
  • benji_jay
    benji_jay Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!