Getting started... Again

Options
So I recently had my gallbladder out in March 2016 and officially regret it! I rather suffer through the gallbladder attacks I was having. I've gained 30 lbs in 4 months!! I am just so depressed about my weight it's just making everything worse. I don't know where to start really and wanted to see if anyone else went through this and if there are some supplements I should be on since I don't have a gallbladder.

Replies

• cmtristani
    cmtristani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have not gone through that, but my wife did. She had the same thing happen, gained 50 pounds. We ultimately went to a dietician a couple of times, and changed around when and what she eats. After adjusting, she is down 30 of the 50. Low fat, zero fried food. Small breakfast, and eat 5 times a day, smaller meals. The only supplements she takes are probiotics, and vitamin D.

Everyone says weight loss is mostly about diet - that's just more true post gall bladder surgery. I would go ask a pro dietician though, it's always best when you have any health condition or something out of the norm.