My diary

Options
lkdad_nagy
lkdad_nagy Posts: 44 Member
edited August 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Can someone look at my food diary and tell me any pointers. I really don't understand how much I should be eating to lose weight. To me the amount MFP is suggesting seems way to much. I have a hard enough time getting to 1200 calories. I'm really not a big eater my weight gain comes from eating candies and chips instead of real food. I'm cutting out all bread and pastas and sweets and have been mostly on a low carb and high protein diet. I'm not ready to start incorporating exercise. I'm just doing a little walking in the evenings.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Be sure you have set an appropriate calorie goal (1200 is the lowest MFP will go, ever, and is suitable only for the tiniest women); and track correctly (1200 calories isn't a lot of food). Low carb is high fat, not high protein. Anyways, you don't have to cut out anything. Just eat food you like and hit your calorie goal.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    A few things stick out. If you don't have a food scale, purchase one and start weighing everything. Chances are you're eating more than you think. If you're cooking, make sure you use the recipe builder rather than choosing homemade or generic entries out of the database, as you can't guarantee the person who created that entry used the same types/amounts of ingredients. I see sauteed vegetables listed a few times, but nothing logged that you cooked them in. Oils and butters can add up quickly.
  • lkdad_nagy
    lkdad_nagy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you