Chicken

Options
I am a HUGE chicken fan! I eat it almost everyday! My question is....is that okay? How much chicken is to much chicken?

Replies

• pchesnut
    pchesnut Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I don't have an answer for you but I wanted to ask you how you usually cook it. I get so sick of chicken so maybe if I learned some new ways to prepare it then I would enjoy it more.
  • rachyray19
    rachyray19 Posts: 13
    Options
    I normally just cook it on the stove or grill....I rarely bake it! But seasoning for me I key! I also will cut the chicken almost through and stuff it with onions peppers maybe a little cheese! So yummy!
  • DoctorCheeba
    Options
    I don't think there is any limit for eating chicken or fish, they are the best forms of protein! But I guess 10 a day would be too much haha within moderation like everything else. I eat chicken every day as well.

One of my favourite breakfasts is Scrambled Eggs and Chicken.

Ingredients: 2 large eggs, 4 egg whites, 150g skinless, boneless chicken breast (Cut up and pan fried in light olive oil or baked), 2-4 tsp of CInnamon, 1/8 cup of Organic maple syrup.

Directions: Cook and cut up chicken first, Cook and scramble eggs, add in chicken and mix up. Sprinkle on cinnamon and mix again. Serve and drizzle on maple syrup.

*I like to add maple syrup but if you want to have lower Carbs you can use a bit of ketchup too and do without the cinnamon or other seasoning.*
  • OtakuMusician
    OtakuMusician Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Cut the fat off, skin off, and don't fry it, and you have yourself a very healthy food with infinite possibilities!
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I eat a 460g packet a day sometimes when I'm struggling for protein (141g of protein worth)
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Cut the fat off, skin off, and don't fry it, and you have yourself a very healthy food with infinite possibilities!

Even with the fat and skin and panfried it is still a healthy food.
  • strozzy
    strozzy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    hi since you eat chicken so often can
    You please could help me .. It says on the package of the chicken breast that 150 grams of blondes skinless chicken breast is 150cals 3 grams of fat and 33g protein. .. that's RAW.... What would it be grilled (George foremen grill) I can't seem to find a straight answer.. Is it a big difference? Would appreciate if someone could help.. Thank you!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    You please could help me .. It says on the package of the chicken breast that 150 grams of blondes skinless chicken breast is 150cals 3 grams of fat and 33g protein. .. that's RAW.... What would it be grilled (George foremen grill) I can't seem to find a straight answer.. Is it a big difference? Would appreciate if someone could help.. Thank you!

It's the same after being grilled. It might lose a slight bit of fat but not enough to be concerned with.
  • strozzy
    Options
    I like cooking a few days worth at a time (chicken) I don't like measuring it raw because of bacteria.. It's weird for 150 grams of generic grilled chicken I get alot of different calorie ranges from 110 to 180 not to sure which to use..
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options

i think mfp also has options of cooked chicken but just weigh it raw and even if its not 3500 cals so you would gain :smile:
    I like cooking a few days worth at a time (chicken) I don't like measuring it raw because of bacteria.. It's weird for 150 grams of generic grilled chicken I get alot of different calorie ranges from 110 to 180 not to sure which to use..

use the one from the package most accurate and if you put a plate under the chicken when you weigh it then you dont get those evil little buggers everywhere (bacteria that is)
  • strozzy
    Options
    Haha okay thanks.. I like making 3 or 4 days at once.. It would be kind of a pain for me to measure it raw ever time.. Even with the plate I'm pretty dirty in the kitchen I would catch Ecoli for sure :)
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    hehe how about measuring it raw and then portion it in zip bags already for the next days that is what i do when i cook ahead then i just have to take it out the fridge/freezer the next day no measuring needed otherwise dont stress it to much just weigh it cooked 40 cals difference have never made anyone fat :smile:
  • OtakuMusician
    OtakuMusician Posts: 66 Member
    Options

Even with the fat and skin and panfried it is still a healthy food.

But it's even BETTER for you WITHOUT those things! :D