Revisiting MFP - questions about meal planning.

Options
JoyfulTwilight
JoyfulTwilight Posts: 6 Member
edited August 2016 in Getting Started
I have used MFP on/off for several years, sometimes logging in meals and sometimes just to track weight. I am getting back to cleaner eating and, for me, it means meal planning so that I have the healthy choices I need available.

I know I can log my food after I eat, but is there any feature/tool/other app or program which syncs with MFP which allows me to create a weekly meal plan and then check off my planned meals as I eat them?

I am currently using Eat This Much. It's a good app. I can put in my calorie and macro nutrient goals and food choices - and then it creates a meal plan. I can then go and change out meals or even change suggested recipes (i.e. one suggested recipe was Cinnamon Honey Cottage Cheese and it called for 1 T of honey and I changed to 1 t of honey (for lower carb). Then as I eat food, I check off that I ate it or there is an option to say "I ate this instead."

Though I like Eat This Much, it doesn't have some of the bells and whistles as My Fitness Pal.

Just wondering how people do meal planning.

Thanks.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You can prelog in MFP, but the food diary doesn't synch with anything (it sort of synchs with Fitbit, or vice versa, I can't remember). You just have to remember what you have eaten that day and what you haven't eaten yet.

I plan/log my meals in a spreadsheet.
  • battyfitch
    battyfitch Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You can pre-log your meals, but that's about it. I pre-log a day or two in advance and then make changes as and when I need to.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I prelog my meals for the day every morning and just remember if I ate something or not and edit things as needed.
    You can change or add up to 6 meal names in the food diary so you could have times of day and know that you haven't eaten 6 pm's meal or dinner yet- or call one uneaten food and then as you eat edit the diary to move foods to different meals.