Over 50 struggling to get weight off

Well after 7 months of work, I have finally lost a total of 30#. Wow. This is a lot harder than I remember.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    1 pound each week! Great!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    That's a great weight loss average. It's healthy & sustainable. Way to go!
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    At 51, one pound/week is about all I can manage, even when I work out 4+ days/week.
  • crispaholicshaz
    crispaholicshaz Posts: 79 Member
    Snap.. weighed myself this morning as i do every Saturday, I've lost 31lb since 1st Jan 2016..
    well done, way i see it is slow and steady. Everyone I've seen on crash diets have gained it all back after couple of months. At least we have more chance of keeping it off, if sensible healthy eating and moving more has become our lifestyle.. keep up the good work & be proud of your achievement..
    People are starting to notice my loss now, and i need to learn to accept compliments with a smile rather than embarrassed blush & getting tongue tied.. lol..
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    I can totally relate to this!! I started 33 weeks ago and I've lost 30 - 32 lbs, the scales vary daily. As long as it's moving in the right direction then we are doing great. It was so much easier when I was 18. Let's keep going and see where we end up. Isn't it exciting ;)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    Maybe you had it easy when you were younger! I never found weight loss easy when I was younger, that's how I got fat! With age, we have the maturity & experience to stick with our goals even when the going gets tough.
    SW 301
    CW 155
    GW 150
    26 months
    Age 61