Olympics 2016

Options
jaxass
jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
Am I the only one not that interested in the Olympics this year?

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I am boycotting the Olympics because the officials, still chose to unnecessarily put athletes/fans in a multitude of extreme dangers; by having it in Rio. With the worst offence, being Zika! They should always have a back up location. Like a previous place, that once held it. I sympathize most with the athletes that made the best choice, to prioritize their health over sport; despite all of their years training for it & therefore I believe that the responsible choice, is for the fans; to stand in solidarity with them instead of those chasing medals because the best way, to cure a disease; is to never knowingly/intentionally risk getting it & spreading it.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I'm watching them! Love the Olympics! All these people training to be the best! Lots of heart!
  • Lfirecracker
    Lfirecracker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hii!!
    Im supporting michael phelbs in swimming 4x100 eventho im from spain, because hes a beast hahaha :#
  • bigpoppa_
    bigpoppa_ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Watch Olympic tennis every day. Watching Nadal and Lopez play as I type actually. Also watch Vball all the time, but I tune in for swimming, gymnastic, fencing, label tennis, or whatever. I love sports!
  • Timshel_
    Options
    Maximus wrote: »
    Anyone google "Aly Raisman ESPN Body"? I had forgotten she had done those.

No need to Google for me. Got those saved. Great imagery...AMAZABALLS body. The B&W does it justice.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    bigpoppa_ wrote: »
    z9emb3ym4smm.gif

This Gif makes me miss Non_Stop A LOT!

The olympics are meh. I watch swimming and watched volleyball last night, just for some glute motivation :wink:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I am boycotting the Olympics because the officials, still chose to unnecessarily put athletes/fans in a multitude of extreme dangers; by having it in Rio. With the worst offence, being Zika! They should always have a back up location. Like a previous place, that once held it. I sympathize most with the athletes that made the best choice, to prioritize their health over sport; despite all of their years training for it & therefore I believe that the responsible choice, is for the fans; to stand in solidarity with them instead of those chasing medals because the best way, to cure a disease; is to never knowingly/intentionally risk getting it & spreading it.

No way London could be a "back-up" for this years Olympics. As is typical with most Olympics, the venues and athletes village(s) are re-purposed or torn down (Beijing). Londoners are currently living in new "flats" that used to be the Olympic Village.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

No way London could be a "back-up" for this years Olympics. As is typical with most Olympics, the venues and athletes village(s) are re-purposed or torn down (Beijing). Londoners are currently living in new "flats" that used to be the Olympic Village.

Obviously a back up place, would've had to be planned; years in advance.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    Remember the Y2K fears? Yeah, the same will be with the Rio Zika fears. No one is going to remember it 6 months from now

Until they have babies, obviously afflicted; with it.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    summer olmypics are extra boring

so no i dont watch it really

the opening ceremony was terrible this year too 0/10
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I'm interested but I don't have tv.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    I'm interested but I don't have tv.

But you have the internet

Ummm yeah, I watch all day on my second monitor.

r421t21j0kaw.png
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for track and field.. I aspire to be the fastest woman.. well not now, but I did once upon a time in a land far far and away..

Tennis fan, for sure.. Nadal all the way! Phelps fan too.. and not mention women's gymnastics!

Weightlifters... should have seen the WR broken yesterday in both Snatch and Clean and Jerk (77 kg men).. WOW

Zika can't be any worse than the divers pool they are swimming in.. Its greener everyday.. talk about bacteria.. YUCK
  • philbanet
    philbanet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Anyone google "Aly Raisman ESPN Body"? I had forgotten she had done those.

I have now!
  • Timothyh27
    Timothyh27 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Go Team GB!!!!!
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I'm in the US. For those that are watching, this has been a memorable Olympics for this country.