Fabulous 50...

Options
I'm feeling my age. But since I started walking on my new treadmill. More energy and emotional better. .one trick that helps me is I watch a series on Netflix while I'm walking. ..time passes fast.

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Watching TV while on the treadmill really helps pass the time. I usually walk/run a "normal" pace during the show and speed up the pace during the commercials (some commercials seem awfully long. :smile: ).
    Keep up the good work. Those years don't have to be felt yet (speaking from experience....although there are days....). :smile:
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I listen to classic rock while on the treadmill. Never gets boring that way! I am 64 and slightly disabled but try to het my 30 minute walk in everyday!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    IWTBFCIN3 wrote: »
    I listen to classic rock while on the treadmill. Never gets boring that way! I am 64 and slightly disabled but try to het my 30 minute walk in everyday!

I like classic rock, too. It's got a good treadmill/walking/running tempo.
    Nice walking routine!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to burst your bubble or sound harsh, but here is the reality:
    If you do not have a mind + body connection, you are kinda wasting your time.
    Your mind is busy watching tv while and can't focus on the body.
    I would recommend to focus on quality over quantity, if you are not a fan of treadmill then switch it up.
    Perform 30 min of HIIT cardio and be done. Jillian Michael's 30 day shred is even better, because it is only 20 min long/day.

I watch tv while I'm on the treadmill doing my Couch to 5k and I've been progressing quite nicely. I seem to be capable of watching tv and still think about my breathing and stride and even how my core feels. I don't think I'm alone in the ability to do that.