Unflavored protein powders

Options
Troutsy
Troutsy Posts: 275 Member
Hey everyone.

Any recommendations on protein powder that is unflavored? I'm looking for something to add something to my smoothies. I don't really mind what kind of protein it is. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    You probably want to look for whey protein isolate. It's pure protein with a lot of other things removed, and all that I've seen are unflavored.
  • Troutsy
    Options
    xvolution wrote: »
    You probably want to look for whey protein isolate. It's pure protein with a lot of other things removed, and all that I've seen are unflavored.

Thanks. I'll have to check that out.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I use bobs red mill brand they have a few kinds.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I like natural sunwarrior
  • meredithgir199
    meredithgir199 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Genepro is awesome for this purpose! I actually use it in my daughter's smoothies because every other protein powder, she's been able to taste. It's a little pricey but one serving is a tablespoon

https://www.amazon.com/Musclegen-Research-Genepro-Medical-Servings/dp/B00K6OSDYA
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I used to use Isopure whey isolate, but I can't get it anymore so tried a brand called Bodybuilding Warehouse. I like it, but I'll probably try something else next time because it's pretty pricey.
  • Troutsy
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I'll start looking them up :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Awolturtle wrote: »
    xvolution wrote: »

Thanks. I'll have to check that out.

Isolate is also great because it's lactose free. Most people have some sort of issue with lactose without realizing it and drinking whey is a good way to exacerbate that.