Single serving cupcake?

Options
battyfitch
battyfitch Posts: 117 Member
I've found recipes for these online but I have yet to find one that tastes as good as the boxed mixed kind.

I have made 2 ingredient cupcakes before (box mix + soda) so has anyone tried doing this but as a single serving? I'm assuming it's a case of dividing the box mix by 12 and the amount of diet soda by 12. If I'm right, I think it's 35g box mix to 30ml diet soda. And then a tub of frosting divided by 12 as well. Or maybe just some PB2 on top instead.

I just want to know if anyone's done this and it all end in disaster before I start experimenting myself.

Replies

• ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Sounds grim.
  • battyfitch
    Options
    Why? The box mix and soda thing works fine. Unless you really hate box mix. I have a love affair with Betty Crocker.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    If I make any baked good in the microwave, it always ends in disaster. So I prefer to make a whole batch, then freeze them to defrost and eat one at a time.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    The two box mix is a very sad idea of cake IMO. When I want a cupcake, I go to the local bakery and make room for it.
  • battyfitch
    Options
    I've made 2 ingredient cake before, it's nice. The difference between that and bakery cake is a hundred or so calories for the cake and a few hundred for an excessive amount of over sweet frosting. If I wanted that, I'd buy it.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Well, give it a try but it seems likely that the proportions would be hard to get exactly right for 1 serving. And are you going to bake 1 cupcake? Seems like a hassle. I'd make the whole batch and quickly freeze up the other 11.