Making time

Options
So far things are going well. I've been losing about 1-2 lbs/wk. But this month I don't see how I'm going to exercise. I'm in a play and we have rehearsals six nights a week. I'm teaching Monday through Friday and working about 20 hours on the weekend. In order to exercise I will have to cut back somewhere else. And I'm not sure where.

Once performances start I will have my weeknights free. I just don't want to lose ground or develop bad habits.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Perhaps consider early morning? Lots of people do.

How much time do you need? Even 20 min is better than 0.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I usually don't have 20 minutes in a row. I got to come home early tonight, so I'm going to get to exercise as well as go to bed earlier. HURRAY!

Getting up earlier is a possibility, but I don't know if it's a good one, since I'll be going to bed late pretty much every night because of either play practice or my second job. And I already have to get up early for school. I'm getting between 6-7 hours of sleep a night, which isn't ideal, so I don't want to reduce that any further.

If I can cut down on how much time it takes to prepare dinner, I can exercise as soon as I get home from school. I think.
  • JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Meal prep all your lunches and dinners for the work week on Sunday. Those 30min spent to make dinner each night can now go to workouts
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I'll be able to do that next month... through the end of August, I have 7 hours of work and 3 hours of play practice on Sunday, so that's not (yet) an option. But fortunately my afternoons have opened up a LITTLE and I can usually sneak in some strength training after I prep breakfast and lunch for the next day. Which I just did. Which means it's time to exercise! :)