Evening snacks

Which kind of snacks are ok before bedtime? Any recommendations? Healthy dinners mean that 2 hours later I need to eat something else. know that the calories assumed right before going to be are some of the most dangerous. Thank you.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    You can eat enough at meals to last you until next meal, or you can eat snacks inbetween. You can eat anything you like for meals and for snacks. I assume you log everything you eat. So, will you turn into a Gremlin if you eat after midnight? You may want to question some of your knowledge.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    There's nothing wrong with eating late as long as it doesn't cause sleeping issues. Eat what fits into your calorie/macro goals.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    I eat before bed. A small ammount, but mostly protein.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Skip a snack during the day or have a little bit less for one of your meals so that you can have a bigger snack for bed time. Snacking late at night will not interfere with your weight loss.
    I like something carb-y before bed: yogurt with cereal, toast with cheese, a small amount of reheated beans and rice, . . . .or just the rice with a little butter or cheese.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Which kind of snacks are ok before bedtime? Any recommendations? Healthy dinners mean that 2 hours later I need to eat something else. know that the calories assumed right before going to be are some of the most dangerous. Thank you.

Calories at certain times aren't more or less dangerous than they are at other times.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    What is a dangerous calorie? Have a snack that helps you meet a macronutrient you are low on. If you've hit your macros and micros for the day, have whatever you want, at whatever time you want. Or have a more calorie dense dinner if you prefer.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    What is a dangerous calorie?

I was going for a walk late one night when a twinkie snuck up behind me.

"Give me your money"

I was startled.
    My fight or flight response kicked in.

In an instant, I punched him in the cream-hole.

He bounced away, sCreaming.

My fist was delicious.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    SideSteel wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    What is a dangerous calorie?

I was going for a walk late one night when a twinkie snuck up behind me.

"Give me your money"

I was startled.
    My fight or flight response kicked in.

In an instant, I punched him in the cream-hole.

He bounced away, sCreaming.

My fist was delicious.

You had me at cream-hole