Weight goals

Options
I am going to set myself some targets to hit to keep myself motivated and 'treat' myself to various things I have wanted for a while if I hit these goals (a new bike/that expensive pair of shoes I've had my eye on).

I am 5ft 2 and 175lbs. I want to give myself several targets. One for end of September. One for end of november and one for end of January.

What are reasonable targets I could set myself? Am looking to lose 3 stone in total.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Don't focus on weight loss goals. Set behavior goals. You can't directly control your weight, but you can control your behavior, and your behavior controls your weight. Some ideas:

Set your weekly weight loss goal (MFP asks for this to be able to calculate your calorie goal) to the closest equivalent of 1% of your current total body weight.
    Buy an electronic food scale, and use it. Log your food in the diary. Use the recipe builder if you cook (and cooking is good). Aim to hit your calorie goal every day.
    Plan your meals to a degree that is helpful for you and surround yourself with foods you like that makes it easier for you to hit your goal.
    Get moving every day, even if it's just a short walk.
    Replace some liqiud calories with pure water.
    Go to bed early enough to get enough sleep. Quit watching a TV show if that gives you more time to catch up on sleep and rest.
    Do fun, important, exciting, silly and difficult things every day.
    Be kind to yourself. You are the most important person in your life.