Advice Needed on the Fitness Journey

Hello all! I've only just begun my fitness journey, but I can already tell I'm going to be frustrated by not immediately losing weight and gaining muscle. What do you all do to not get frustrated and stay motivated for months? Thank you!

Replies

• errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    I gained as much knowledge as I could, so I really understood what I was doing and why. I read all of the stickied posts at the top of each forum section, learned about macros, micros, flexible dieting/iifym. There is so much bad information put out by the diet and fitness industry. I read the forums, there’re so many super knowledgable and helpful people on here that put a lot of time into making sure people get accurate and truly helpful information. Knowledge is power!

Motivation is fickle, caffeine and discipline pay off much better in my opinion, lol.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Lower my expectations, to almost nothing. Then I'm always pleasantly surprised!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Understand that if you keep at it, even if it's much slower than you'd like, you WILL eventually get to where you want to be. If you give up because it's slow, then you'll NEVER get there. :)

And yes, read the great information here! Ask for help, support or encouragement if you need it. And stick with it!
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Read this.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Mini goals help me!