21 yrs old, looking for friends--let's motivate each other:)

Options
Hi everyone, so the subject explains a lot of it .. I'm 21 years old, just going into my senior year of uni .. and I really, really need to take things seriously now. I have huge dips in my motivation--for a period of time I'll be exercising, logging my food, eating healthy .. and the next time I know it, I'll be having another slice of cake, eating way too many "healthy snacks" that really add up ...

My weight's been going up and down recently, especially after going abroad .. I used to be 122 lbs (wanting to lose weight), but then after coming back to the US, I was 138 lbs! I'm determined now to stick to my plans and finally get fit, healthy, and lean--what I've always wanted!

Just this summer, I've started going to more exercise classes, walking home from work, and doing yoga. Getting more toned, but I'm determined to carry all the way through. This is the first time I'm connecting with the community here .. I feel that being alone before, I easily phased out of my plans, but now I need friends with same goals to be fit :)

Starting weight: 138lbs
CW: 132 lbs
GW: 110 lbs? more looking to be toned, flat-stomached and fit :)

Replies

• eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Hola! I'm 20 and I'm going to be a junior at college. I'm 5'7 and 209 right now. I'm not sure what my ideal weight is, but I'm shooting for 180 right now. We'll see how I feel when I get there!

I'm the same way - I'll log for a few days and then fall of the bandwagon. Sweets and carbs are a big downfall for me! I always have a portion of dessert that is too big. And I'm the same way with healthy snacks. Healthy things can be bad in moderation! I'll have some wheat thins with almond butter and suddenly half the container is gone. I've found measuring things really help. I have yoga DVDs, and I'm planning on using those, plus doing HIIT at the gym. I'd like to loose 10-15 pounds before returning to school and the rest during the fall semester.

Good luck to you! And I'll see you around on MFP.

Hi everyone, so the subject explains a lot of it .. I'm 21 years old, just going into my senior year of uni .. and I really, really need to take things seriously now. I have huge dips in my motivation--for a period of time I'll be exercising, logging my food, eating healthy .. and the next time I know it, I'll be having another slice of cake, eating way too many "healthy snacks" that really add up ...

My weight's been going up and down recently, especially after going abroad .. I used to be 122 lbs (wanting to lose weight), but then after coming back to the US, I was 138 lbs! I'm determined now to stick to my plans and finally get fit, healthy, and lean--what I've always wanted!

Just this summer, I've started going to more exercise classes, walking home from work, and doing yoga. Getting more toned, but I'm determined to carry all the way through. This is the first time I'm connecting with the community here .. I feel that being alone before, I easily phased out of my plans, but now I need friends with same goals to be fit :)

Starting weight: 138lbs
    CW: 132 lbs
    GW: 110 lbs? more looking to be toned, flat-stomached and fit :)
  • LoseItJourney
    LoseItJourney Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Ashley.
    I am 20 years old, and back on this site.
    I have been on and off the last 2 years. Every time I have been on this site I have managed to lose some weight, but I get to involved with life and stop caring about this. Well, I can't do that anymore, since I need to make health my first priority! I have been over weight for as long as I remember, except for one year when I was 13 and believed not eating was right. I managed to get to a small size for my body, but still felt overly big (I was a size 7, and in grade 8 thats considered big).
    I am going into my second year of college, and graduating this year. So I am starting again at 288lbs, and want to be under 200 by graduation in 10 months.

I'm looking for anyone to be friends with, and to help motivate each other no matter the journey were on.

Feel free to add me :)

- Ashley

6o371t.jpg
  • dansyl18
    dansyl18 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I'm 21, and going into my senior year of college as well , and am hopefully on track to lose about 10 lbs before school starts again. Portions are my problem, as well as getting myself to the gym. I'd love the motivation from women in the same boat as myself :) Good luck!
  • natooliemalki
    Options
    Hello!

I'm 19 years old and this my first day, well night to be exact, on here. I am not sure how the adding friends thing works, but I would love to motivate you!

I think that the more people you have along your side during the way, the easier it will be. I am determined to be 110 lbs on my 20th birthday, which is 7 months from now.

Hopefully, we can motivate each other!