Building a Butt with heavy weight training like Heidi Sommers, Nikki Blackketter?

Options
KKishaA
KKishaA Posts: 160 Member
edited August 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Is anyone following the type of training these ladies are promoting?

I just discovered these ladies and their whole muscle isolation programs. I have been a cardio queen for years but these two have got me taking a second look at heavy weight training. I loved weight training in my early 20's but dropped it because I became stocky in my lower body. I would love to hear from anyone that has given this type of training a go!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,520 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    It's not new. It's been around for decades. You can't change the shape you have, but you can enhance it.
    And some people like that "stocky" look. Check out Nabieva Bakhar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-blDf8vjEWU

Note: there are some racy photos in the beginning, but then it goes to her workouts

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • KKishaA
    Options
    Hmm.

Weight training is certainly not new but when I was in college (15yrs ago), isolated training was not encouraged. Women were told to workout just like men because muscle is muscle and humans are humans. It looks as though in answer to the many many many women that complain that squatting/heavy training bulked their quads, a new movement has been born. Though, I am late to this movement for sure!

Any ladies?
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Squats tend to be quad dominant, but I I do them anyway on my leg days. Try Bulgarian split lunge, one leg RDL, glute bridge, hip thrusters, lunges -walking, reverse and curtsy....look at Lauren Simpson on Instagram...she actually built a booty, she has before/after pics.
  • KKishaA
    Options
    Talan79 wrote: »
    Squats tend to be quad dominant, but I I do them anyway on my leg days. Try Bulgarian split lunge, one leg RDL, glute bridge, hip thrusters, lunges -walking, reverse and curtsy....look at Lauren Simpson on Instagram...she actually built a booty, she has before/after pics.

Thanks Talan, will do.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken they are bikini competitors? I would imagine their training is focused on building that type of body, with heavy focus on the glutes (likely hitting them 3-6 days per week).
    I would say programming like Strong Curves, Get Glutes come to my mind for booty focus.. I'm sure there are others as well.
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    KKishaA wrote: »
    when I was in college (15yrs ago), isolated training was not encouraged. Women were told to workout just like men because muscle is muscle and humans are humans.

Women should work out like men. Which is why male (and female) bodybuilders have been training muscles in isolation for decades - definitely waaaay longer than 15 years. If you want bigger glutes, you gotta train your glutes. If you want weak quads, then you don't train those. Simple!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what type of training these women do. Never heard of them.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    So, I want to have a nicely toned and good looking backside. But a big Kardashian-like booty? Gross. Nooooo thank you. =/