Losing inches not pounds

Options
I am staying within my calories drinking plenty of water burning a minimum of 400 calories per day but I have yet to see the weight fall off even. Should I weigh myself every other week instead of every week? Should I be eating more since I am burning so many calories? I have lost a few inches but the scale is not moving.

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Oftentimes water weight (from hormones, stress, higher sodium days, new or strenuous exercise) can mask scale losses. It happens. That's why taking measurements is important. If you're losing inches, I wouldn't worry too much. The scale will catch up.
  • empressjasmin
    empressjasmin Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Having the exact same problem. It's discouraging but I'm also happy in seeing that I'm losing inches and my arms which were a big issue for me, are coming down. Everyone says not to get discouraged. It's hard but keep up the good work.
  • JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Eating more does not result in weight loss, that is fatlogic. The scale will eventually catch up.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter how much you burn. How much are you eating? Weight loss happens in the kitchen.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Any loss is a good loss whether it's lbs or inches. Sometimes you lose in one area and not the other. Sometimes you'll lose in both. I wouldn't worry about it as the scale will eventually move.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. What you are doing is working. You are losing inches. Your body is getting smaller.
  • mkye04
    mkye04 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your feedback. Thank God for MFP because I am even more motivated to keep going after reading your response. @JeromeBarry1 I have done something with food that I haven't done in over a year and that is cut carbs and sweets.