Starting over - 25 lbs to lose - anyone want to join me?

Options
Hi!

After having my 3rd child a few years ago I discovered fitness and fell in love. I started running, counted macros and logged my meals, then found strength training. I was hooked. I loved the way I felt and loved seeing my body composition change.

Then it all stopped. I injured my back last fall so I had to stop lifting for awhile. In January I started a new medicine (for anxiety). It helped me tremendously but it caused me to crave carbs like crazy. I've put on 10 lbs since starting the medicine. I've worked out only intermittently and just feel - "blah." I've decided that tomorrow will be the day that I will turn my bad habits into good ones.

I want to eat (mostly) paleo (I know from experience that my body responds well to this) and work out 5-6 days a week. I'm 5'6 and 155 right now. My goal is 130. Anyone want to start this journey with me?

Replies

• threec
    threec Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I will! I've got about 20 to loose. I'm 34 & 5'3, 137 I want to be 118-120. My husbands bad habits have become mine, and I tend to finish or pick at my kids stuff
  • AngieOrangy
    AngieOrangy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello OP,

We share a very similar history. Thought I would share mine as well, since you shared yours!
    I also discovered fitness, running, mud-runs in 2011-2012. I lost about 16 pounds on my own bringing my lunches, eating my normal dinners, but working out 3-4 times a week. During this time I utilized MFP to log my calories, exercise, weight, etc.

My now fiance got laid off, and I became the bread-winner (in the middle of summer college courses).
    I stopped working out, because I didn't have the time between work and school; and also begin eating fast-food nearly every dinner (again to save time).

In the matter of that year I gained about 25 pounds. I tried to sign-up for online challenges to lose the weight, then I got food poisoning in the beginning of it.

I lost a lot of the motivation I had before, and gained another 10 pounds. Since August 2014 I have gained 33 pounds. January 2016 I tried another challenge, and did no succeed in it. Since January I have lost 6 pounds on my own, but have not been able to get into the groove.

Currently I weighed 181.6 this morning, and am 5'4"
    HW 187, LW 147, CW 181.6

I have engagement photos scheduled September 25, and my wedding April 2017.
    Would love to lose at least 10 pounds before the engagement photos.