The Olympic Athletes Inspire Me. You?

Options
2»

Replies

• JayWillisBBA_AATCIS_BA_AAMath
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Bolt up next.

I am rooting for Gatlin. He actually clocked higher than Bolt in the semis yeaterday.
    I'm cheering for Shakur Stevenson. He fights Saturday 20.Aug.2016 at 1:15pm for USA's Bantamweight Gold. If Shakur wins, he's set for life.

Options
    Watch Shakur Stevenson take the U.S. silver medal bantam weight, tonight on the 2016 Olympics.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,863 Member
    Options
    We had the TDF just before the Olympics, and the TDF is always inspiring.

Then the Olympics ... which are almost over.

But as they finish the Vuelta starts!
    http://www.lavuelta.com/la-vuelta/2016/us/
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    We had the TDF[...] Vuelta starts!
    [...]

Tour de France, then the Olympics 2016, then the 2000 mile Vuelta bicycle race. That's a full calendar.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Olympics? Are they on?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,863 Member
    Options
    Olympics? Are they on?

Nope. Not anymore.
  • thelmharmon
    thelmharmon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bolt and Phelps!
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Definitely. Especially because I want to look athletic. I don't want to just be skinny, I'd like to have some actual muscle definition, 16-17% bodyfat or so. So their physiques really motivate me.
  • There has been enough time for the athletes of the The 2016 Summer Olympics to accumulate sponsors. But I have not yet heard about them. The same Olympians who provided me with two weeks of motivation deserve to at least be on the side of a cereal box, or a pop-up advertisement.
    Keywords: Boxing, Swimming, Archery, Martial Arts, Diving, Gymnastics, Bicycling, Wrestling, Tai Chi, Freestyle, Breaststroke, Backstroke, Synchronized Swimming, Volleyball, Beach Volleyball, Rio, Brasil, Brazil .
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    No because I don't have any of their abilities or genetics. I am in awe of what they do though.

What inspires me are EVERYDAY people who have physical difficulties, yet exceed what regular people do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Inspired? I think they're incredibly dedicated and gifted athletes. I'm just trying to keep up with my wife and kids and not scare the ever living hell out of the neighbor's when I take my shirt off for a jog.