Fitness watches

Options
Which is the best and most accurate fitness watch? I want to buy one but idk which one I should go for

Replies

• RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Yeah. What she said ^^^ But for myself, not one that needs a smart phone. I am still refusing to buy one, so my phone is a stupid one.
  • RayahEllen
    RayahEllen Posts: 40 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I would do some research to see what you want. If you want an activity tracker vs a heart rate monitor or both, if you want GPS to track your walks/runs, if you want a chest strap or wrist monitor, accuracy or motivation, etc

That will help people make recommendations to you. Not all fitness watches are equal! What features are you looking for?
  • healthy491
    healthy491 Posts: 384 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    RayahEllen wrote: »
    I would do some research to see what you want. If you want an activity tracker vs a heart rate monitor or both, if you want GPS to track your walks/runs, if you want a chest strap or wrist monitor, accuracy or motivation, etc

That will help people make recommendations to you. Not all fitness watches are equal! What features are you looking for?

Accurate calories burnt mostly :)
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    healthy491 wrote: »

You're probably better off with a heart rate monitor then as they obviously go by your heart rate when doing all types of exercises and fitness watches go by steps taken. I don't think fitness watches measure calories burnt while say doing aerobic exercises or say boxing.
  • healthy491
    Options
    fr33sia12 wrote: »

You're probably better off with a heart rate monitor then as they obviously go by your heart rate when doing all types of exercises and fitness watches go by steps taken. I don't think they measure calories burnt while say doing aerobic exercises or say boxing.

Yeah but im not gonna wear a heart rate monitor all day long. i need something that can help me calculate how many calories I've burnt during the day..
  • RayahEllen
    RayahEllen Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Polar and Garmin seem to be the top ones in term of accuracy during workouts with the use of a chest strap. Wrist monitors such as fitbit are notoriously inaccurate (fitbit is actually being sued right now because of their accuracy claims being false). I have a polar, and they have several different models depending on your budget. Realize though that accuracy is relative. You won't find a watch that can accurately measure your calorie burn 24/7. Even workout calorie burns are not accurate. To get true accuracy, you would have to be hooked up to several different machines in a clinic or hospital! lol
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    fr33sia12 wrote: »

You're probably better off with a heart rate monitor then as they obviously go by your heart rate when doing all types of exercises and fitness watches go by steps taken. I don't think they measure calories burnt while say doing aerobic exercises or say boxing.

Yeah but im not gonna wear a heart rate monitor all day long. i need something that can help me calculate how many calories I've burnt during the day..

Right, you just said calories burnt, so assumed you meant during exercise. In that case any will do that.
  • healthy491
    Options
    Polar and Garmin seem to be the top ones in term of accuracy during workouts with the use of a chest strap. Wrist monitors such as fitbit are notoriously inaccurate (fitbit is actually being sued right now because of their accuracy claims being false). I have a polar, and they have several different models depending on your budget. Realize though that accuracy is relative. You won't find a watch that can accurately measure your calorie burn 24/7. Even workout calorie burns are not accurate. To get true accuracy, you would have to be hooked up to several different machines in a clinic or hospital! lol

To be honest , I currently own a fitbit blaze but am thinking of switching. Where did you find that they are inaccurate please?