Nutrisystem diet

Options
Lindsaysjourneyy
Lindsaysjourneyy Posts: 23 Member
edited August 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Is anyone on the nutrisystem diet? If so, have you been loosing any weight?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You lose weight by being in calorie deficit. No matter what you eat, you have to stick to your diet for it to work. Pick/create a diet that you are at least 95% certain you are going to enjoy for the rest of your life. You can always change things around if they aren't working for you, but it's necessary that you consistently eat less than you burn if you want to lose weight, and that you do it for a long time, so it's important that you like what you are doing.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    You probably won't find many NS users in the main forums, however we do have an active group of users you could talk to in groups:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105493-ns-group-users
  • walpy27
    walpy27 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Every article I've read about people trying it (including pics) weren't exactly glistening.. food looked awfully sad in the photos TBH.

And as above stated... pick something that you could follow and enjoy your whole life.
  • AvianWeb
    AvianWeb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is anyone on the nutrisystem diet? If so, have you been loosing any weight?

I was on the Nutrisystem diet - and, of course, you lose weight on it (provided you don't eat more than recommended). It is after all a matter of calorie restriction. Some of the food items (the chocolates ;-P) was very tasty and quite addictive actually.

A nutritionist went over the ingredients with me and alerted me to the fact that these food items are overly processed and don't offer the nutrients needed for good health; plus just about all of them contained harmful chemicals (preservatives, artificial coloring & flavoring, etc.) ...

For me, health is more important than being skinny ...
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I don't know anyone who's had long term success with it. I think weighing/logging/counting calories on normal food will work much better and give you better nutrition. Of course, working out to burn more calories and keep your muscle mass is also a good part of a weight loss program. If you aren't working out yet, I'd recommend it.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I peaked at your menu and although you haven't logged much if that's all you eating you must be hungry. You are doing very low calories. I wouldn't go below 1200 a day. Plus it didn't look like you were getting enough protein.

• rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    plans like that teach portion control only.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    rebel_26 wrote: »

It doesn't really that either, it just teaches you to 1) follow that plan and 2) dislike/fear food 3) overeat later/when nobody's watching.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    rebel_26 wrote: »

It doesn't really that either, it just teaches you to 1) follow that plan and 2) dislike/fear food 3) overeat later/when nobody's watching.

This^

Meal replacements don't teach portion control. The portions are controlled by the plan. As long as you are eating "their foods"....you are eating fewer calories.

OP - use NurtiSystem if you like the food. But plan for a future maintenance strategy. Because I assume you won't be eating NutriSystem for life. Maintenance doesn't just happen.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Ive tried a few nutrisystem foods and they left me sad. Realized I can make better tasting, more nutrient dense foods for myself with a little practice and not be left hungry and wanting. Portion control and CICO, as everyone else is saying.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I've seen photos of the food and I can certainly see why you'd lose weight - it looks horrific! Even the photos on their website don't make it look any better than a plate of wet dog food. Yuck.
  • amiable2015
    amiable2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been on NS since April. I lost about 30 lbs and BMI is now under 25. I would like to lose more but I get hungry, so have been maintaining the past month. I tried losing weight before NS, but I failed - I was eating too much.

Packaged portions are very helpful. I like the food - it tastes good, and I supplement with additional food (salad, chicken, etc.)