Fitbit users

Hello!

Just wondering for those who have fitbits how they like it and if it's helpful. Looking into purchasing one.

Thanks! :)

Replies

• OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    It is helpful to me because it motivates me to get up off my butt and move.
  • Wophie
    Wophie Posts: 126 Member
    I love mine - really motivates me to take that extra walk at lunch!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    I'm rather enjoying the Blaze as an extra set of data points. The HRM, while not quite dead on, it close enough for my preferences. I've checked it against a feel test with a stopwatch, and against an automated blood pressure cuff, and with both, it was within three to five BPM.
    I'm currently in the process of running the daily caloric expenditure through it's paces, since I was looking to run a mild surplus anyway. I'll know in a few weeks roughly how off it is.
  • illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member
    I have had a Charge HR for the past year and a half. It is not a 100% accurate measurement of steps, heart rate, or calorie burn; but it is a great way to give me a very good idea of how active my day has been, how hard my body has worked, and whether I need to get my butt off the couch again and get a bit more activity in for the day. It was one of many tools I used to lose 125 lbs.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    I have a Fitbit One that does a pretty accurate estimation of the number of calories I actually need for maintenance based on my activity, so I find it very beneficial. It helps me most just to know that some days I can and should eat a lot more than others and has been super helpful for me maintaining a steady weight and not yo-yoing around like crazy. It's a lot more accurate than estimating and averaging active days vs non-active days in my experience.
  • taiannalynn
    taiannalynn Posts: 9 Member
    I have a Charge HR and I love it. I'm competitive, so the challenges motivate me a lot. Plus, I like to use it to track my runs and see my distance improve.