Looking for some more friends :)

Options
Hello everybody!

I have some great people to help motivate me currently, but i'm looking to add to the list! I love having all the extra support, it really motivates me to get up and do something when I know people can tell when I'm being lazy!

I'm basically what you would call '' skinny fat''. I'm 24, 5'7 (maybe 5'6 I'm not sure exactly) and I weigh 129/130 (I'm leaning towards 129 now, but it's not stable enough for me to feel confident in saying that's my new weight lol). I'm not overweight but I definitely have some body fat percentage issues. I mostly need to tone, but I honestly think I need to lose about 5-8 pounds as well. (I'm small framed and from what i've read, 130 is on the higher end of the weight scale)

My short term goal is coming up in a week, it's just a small one. I'm going on a short weekend trip to DisneyWorld (leaving next Friday night) and considering the temperature over in Florida, I wanted to be able to wear shorts and feel comfortable in them. I've been working out and counting calories for about 3 weeks now and I think that by next week I will be fine for vacation. (hoping at least!)

I'd love to have new friends to help motivate and to motivate me!

Replies

• AlanZhao
    AlanZhao Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Using the BMI Calculator on myfitnesspal.com, your weight for your height actually leans to the bottom half of the healthy weight area.
  • mflinn84
    mflinn84 Posts: 35
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

It's good that you are focusing on eating healthy and keeping a healthy weight at such a young age. After 25, I gained from stress eating and now I'm doing some backtracking. That said, I think you are what I would call ''skinny healthy" at this point. 5'6 at 129 lbs is an ideal weight for a 24 year old female. Ideal. When I was 137 lbs at age 27, my doctor told me not to go below 130 lbs and I am way shorter than you.

You might be wanting to convert some of your tissues to muscle, and exercise is great for that. Also eating nutritious foods and vitamins will do wonders for your skin and hair. Have you thought about joining MFP for weight-maintenance? You can also track your progress with photos/inches instead of lbs lost.

I have no intention of going below 125, may even start maintaining at 130 depending on how I look/feel.

Best of luck to you whatever you decide!

Megan
  • lovetiffany
    lovetiffany Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm in a healthy weight range, yes. I have no doubt about that. But (as awful as this sounds because I hate saying it) I fall VERY much so into the flabby arms, jiggly thighs, and a nice pouch of fat over my stomach category and I need to get out of for health reasons.

With that being said, I agree that sticking at this weight but getting tone only would be a great way of going. I guess I always pictured getting back to my high school weight (120-125) and then starting to tone.

I'm mostly just super self conscious when I'm not covered up. I'm still young, I want to be comfortable in a bikini, not covering up anytime skin shows lol.

Thank you everyone for your responses!
  • Aliviuum
    Aliviuum Posts: 67
    Options
    Request sent :) I know what it's like to be in a healthy weight range but not be as toned as you'd like :)
  • nerdfitquest
    nerdfitquest Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and everyone else as well :)
  • Koloss_Kelsier
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have a lot of weight to loss, but can always use some more motivating people to give and take! :)