Tasty and healthy school lunch ideas for a teen

Options
ztuins
ztuins Posts: 9 Member
Something I will actually eat that is quick. Not just meat recipes. Include fish and beans too please. Thank you!

Replies

• Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi there, um, doesn't it totally depend on what you like? I'll tell you what I like, but there's no guarantee that you'd like it too...

*Hard boiled egg and light mayo sandwiches (with chopped chives or spring onions)
    *Smoked salmon and light cream cheese sandwiches
    *Sliced chicken or turkey breast sandwiches with whatever from the fridge - salad, chutney, light cheese slice

Make sure the bread is grainy and small slices. (Personally I don't go for things like sandwich thins or low cal bread).

For snacks - protein like light cheese (we have things called Babybel which are individually wrapped), light hummus in a pot with carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes, pickled onions? (might make you rather unpopular), yogurt pots, fruit of course.

Most of this isn't particularly quick. In an office you can usually microwave things like soups or dinner leftovers, but at school you'll need to put some effort into prep, I'd think.

PS - I can't imagine how you'd eat beans as a school lunch?! :)
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Black bean salad- black beans, chopped; onion tomato and red pepper, feta cheese, Italian dressing.

Hummus w veggie slices and pita chips