Jittery and fatigued...HELP!!

Options
2»

Replies

• mamagotti82
    mamagotti82 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @jgnatca ...My coffee is not a strong brew. I have one cup in the morning and one after lunch. So I don't believe my coffee is the problem. Again, 1200 is just a tool. Like today, with my meals and snacks all totalled 1300. The nutrigrain bars are so small, it's not worth the trouble to only eat half.
    @nvmomketo ...it does sound like it could have something to do with my blood sugar...I just eat when I get that way and I feel better.
    @Demaniacle ...I don't always drink my coffee on an empty stomach..they are about 8oz cups and it is not a strong coffee...I drink Kava coffee...it is an instant coffee which is like 90% acid free...easy on my stomach...I do try to listen to my body...I eat if I have to...even if I'm over on my calorie intake.
    @CattOfTheGarage ...I am not wedded to 1200 calories....just a guideline.
    @nikkitimkitembo89 ...thanks for the info...I'll have to try the camomile tea.
    @tcunbeliever ...I do not have high blood pressure...I may try licorice root, thanks....what is DIM for hormone balancer?
    @johunt615 ...I tried the melatonin...there is NO WAY I can take it....very bad headache and tons of pressure on my chest...I still need to try the Maca root. I'll let you know how it goes.

To all....my jitters and fatigue have gotten better. I guess my body had to get use to being on a diet again. Thank you all for any info/ideas/opinions given!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Ha! My insomnia resolved itself when I gave up tea (I never took up coffee). If you don't try anything different don't expect a different result.

Anyhow I'm glad the jitters seem to be resolving themselves.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    @jgnatca ...My coffee is not a strong brew. I have one cup in the morning and one after lunch. So I don't believe my coffee is the problem. Again, 1200 is just a tool. Like today, with my meals and snacks all totalled 1300. The nutrigrain bars are so small, it's not worth the trouble to only eat half.
    @nvmomketo ...it does sound like it could have something to do with my blood sugar...I just eat when I get that way and I feel better.
    @Demaniacle ...I don't always drink my coffee on an empty stomach..they are about 8oz cups and it is not a strong coffee...I drink Kava coffee...it is an instant coffee which is like 90% acid free...easy on my stomach...I do try to listen to my body...I eat if I have to...even if I'm over on my calorie intake.
    @CattOfTheGarage ...I am not wedded to 1200 calories....just a guideline.
    @nikkitimkitembo89 ...thanks for the info...I'll have to try the camomile tea.
    @tcunbeliever ...I do not have high blood pressure...I may try licorice root, thanks....what is DIM for hormone balancer?
    @johunt615 ...I tried the melatonin...there is NO WAY I can take it....very bad headache and tons of pressure on my chest...I still need to try the Maca root. I'll let you know how it goes.

To all....my jitters and fatigue have gotten better. I guess my body had to get use to being on a diet again. Thank you all for any info/ideas/opinions given!

Understood! I can't live without my melatonin
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    First thought with title of this post is you are eating enough. Second thought after reading your post was, probably isn't eating enough. After reading comments, you definitely are not eating enough. 1200 calories isn't strict? 1200 calories is the diet of a toddler. 1200 calories is the number MFP absolutely refuses to go below because it is dangerously low. I am not even that overweight and I lose weight if I eat 2400 calories a day. 1200 a day I'd probably be damn dizzy and irritable too if not just plain unconscious. I ate 1200 calorie for dinner and I'm losing weight.

If you have symptoms that you aren't eating enough and those symptoms are relieved by eating then you probably weren't eating enough. Just eat more. The goal is to be at a slight deficit and lose weight slowly and reliably over time, not to see how little you can eat.
  • mamagotti82
    Options
    @Aaron_K123 ...it sounds like you have a very active metabolism....I don't...but it does appear I'm losing weight slowly. My metabolism is on the mends. I am in the process of learning to eat properly again. Praying to get off the rollercoaster of diets this time.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    The only way to "Activate" your metabolism is to eat more and exercise, not eat less. If you are jittery and fatigued you aren't eating enough, end of. Eat more, that will help your metabolism...and once you start feeling better, no longer jittery and fatigued, start going for regular walks and get some more exercise. But first step, eat more.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    @Aaron_K123 ...it sounds like you have a very active metabolism....I don't...but it does appear I'm losing weight slowly. My metabolism is on the mends. I am in the process of learning to eat properly again. Praying to get off the rollercoaster of diets this time.
    Energy need is based on height, weight, sex, activity level. Your metabolism is fine. Weight can come off at a rate of up to 1% per week, on average. You can't lose faster than that. But you can lose that fast if you don't mess up. Eating too little is messing up, because it makes you ill and then it makes you overeat to compensate, and then there is no net weight loss. Stop praying. Get off the rollercoaster by eating properly, make that a priority. Have a slight deficit, and stick to it, your body can handle that easily.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    DIM = Diindolylmethane is an extract from cruciferrous vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, etc.), it transforms strongly bonded estrogen into weakly bonded estrogen which makes it easier for your body to shift around or eliminate as needed to keep things in balance.
  • mamagotti82
    Options
    @tcunbeliever ....Thanks for the info....I may try and push more broccoli.
  • SophieSmall95
    SophieSmall95 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    The only way to "Activate" your metabolism is to eat more and exercise, not eat less. If you are jittery and fatigued you aren't eating enough, end of. Eat more, that will help your metabolism...and once you start feeling better, no longer jittery and fatigued, start going for regular walks and get some more exercise. But first step, eat more.

Hi.

just so you know that is pseudoscience. it's not based on fact or any actual scientific research. It doesn't work like that, this is 101 stuff on my degree. It's just nonsense.

Also OP said on one of her posts she had a fall and injured herself and so is not as active as she used to be.

Also bare in mind of course you can eat more than OP and still lose weight you're an active guy in his 30s. OP is an inactive woman in her 50s, these make a big difference in how much energy the body uses and needs. Please bare that in mind in the future before you start telling people they're not eating enough or to eat more.

I'm on average 1200 calories a day (more on active days) completely safe and healthy for me and approved by my doctor and it only puts me 400 calories a day under my TDEE. This is because I am very short (4'9), a woman so by default can't eat as much as you and generally inactive (though eat significantly more if I have an active day).