Best exercise for burning handlebars???

OK, I am what they call a slow gainer, 180 lbs wet, and boney in my teens, twenties and thirties. Abs were always easy, and I did nothing for them, then I went through my 30s, now in my 40 I jumped up to 243 (over 5 or 6 years), I am down to 225, and think that I am aiming for 215 to 210. (I am not looking to go back to bones.) Muscle has returned nicely, actually coming in better than before. My waist has shrunk. I am starting to see ribs, and the outline of a two pack if I flex, but the handlebars are not budging. It is not surgery type of issue, (jiggles, not limp) at least I do not think, it just seems to be the last thing, type of issue. The wife swears that I have actually lost over 30 lbs, but muscle gain throws off the scale.

I know I cannot be alone here, has anyone else had any success with this. Recommendations? Particular exercise your recommend? I strength train three to four times a week (hitting abs at least twice) and Cardio 4 to 5 times a week. And this site is helping with the calorie counting.

Thank-you.

Replies

• There is no such thing as " target" exercise. Proper nutrition and fitness will get you the results.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Decide if you want to bulk, or cut. If your bulking to put on mass, ditch the cardio dude. If you're trying to cut the handlebars,, focus on your deficit.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Decide if you want to bulk, or cut. If your bulking to put on mass, ditch the cardio dude. If you're trying to cut the handlebars,, focus on your deficit.

good stuff
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Um? Are we talking about love handles?
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    But . . . . why?
    handlebar_zps8a3cba7d.jpg
  • Celebi03
    Celebi03 Posts: 310 Member
    But . . . . why?
    handlebar_zps8a3cba7d.jpg

LOL
  • Dr_Waffles
    Dr_Waffles Posts: 141 Member
    keep doing what you're doing for the next year or so and soon your handlebars will be gone. its took you years to put on this weight, i would assume you're smart enough to know it doesn't come off over night or even in a few months.