Healthy Alternative to Meatlover's Pizza

lilchino4af
lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
I was a HUGE fan of Pizza Hut's Meat Lover's Pizza, but since I joined MFP in January I haven't had any. Well, tonight I had the dreaded craving, but I decided to make my own Meat Lover's pizza using healthier versions of the same toppings. The ingredients I used are listed below with baking instructions. Hope you like it - it was AWESOME!!! :love:

1 Marketside - Garlic Tandoori Naan Bread, 1 Naan
1/3 cup Walmart Great Value - Mozzarella Cheese, Finely Shredded, Low-Moisture, Part-Skim
2 slices Land O Frost - Canadian Style Bacon
14 slices Hormel - Turkey Pepperoni Slices
2 slice Butterball Everyday Lower Sodium Turkey Bacon - Turkey Bacon
1/4 cup Prego 100%Natural - Heart Smart Traditional Italian Sauce
2 oz Jimmy Dean - Premium Pork Sausage

Precook bacon and sausage. Preheat oven to 400 degrees then top Naan bread with sauce and toppings. Cook for 7-10 minutes until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted. Makes 2 servings, 400 calories per serving (amount for 1 serving is comparable to 1.5 slices from 14" Meat Lovers at 720 calories).

Replies

• bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    I have to try this! Thanks so much for sharing. :drinker: (water)
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    I added "Drain the bacon and sausage and pat grease off." to my version. Hugs, again! ;)
  • lilchino4af
    I added "Drain the bacon and sausage and pat grease off." to my version. Hugs, again! ;)
    Hehe, yeah, I did that too, just forgot to add it :blushing:
  • lilchino4af
    That 1.5 slices of 14" meat lover's is the pan crust. If you compare to hand-tossed it would be comparable to 2 slices at 880 calories!
This discussion has been closed.