Big mistake... Kebab...

Options
After weeks of making lunches from what I buy, today I went and splurged - I bought Doner - but meat only, no bread and no sauce.

My stomach is VERY VERY angry I introduced this food. It's *supposed* to be chicken, of sorts - but wow. I feel horse-kicked in the gut right now. About 4 forks into it I stopped. Probably about 1/2 cup total meat. Or should I write "Meat"?

I think that's me telling myself to knock it off - and don't be lazy...I should have prepped my lunch for today last night, when I was chillin' instead of cookin'.

This drastic or sudden-onset type stomach pain is fairly normal, right? As in - when y'all do clean-eating, putting not-so-great food into you sorta hurts, right?

Danke.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    any processed meat has that affect on me too :/
    we live and learn eh

• gillie80
    gillie80 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I did the same the other night, well twice actually. i ordered a hoagie (chips, cheese and donner meat in a chapati) but got it without the meat for some odd reason so got chips cheese and salad. not happy. phoned and was told i'd get a free one next time i ordered. well that was Saturday and boy did they make up for it. there was sooo much meat and i'm so ashamed to say... i ate every last bit of it lol.

to answer your question, yes i do think that if you eat big like that and with food like a kebab your stomach does protest. mine does usually. as long as it passes today i'd say you'll be fine.
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm done with it. (sigh). Ouch. Gonna toss what's left. Back to cashews, home-cooked real chicken, and maybe some veggies. :)
  • Marss86
    Marss86 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've been eating very little meat (mainly chicken) and lots of veggies lately. This past weekend I had Turkish Adana meat. It was grilled ground lamb. It was super delicious! My digestive system was not too happy.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    it happens to me when i eat some sort of heavy dessert. it feels like a brick going straight down my stomach.it's normal feeling bad, due to all the heavy spices and such.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat fried or greasy foods anymore. When I do, it goes right through me.