German volume and running is it effective? Looking for advice

Options
Stingersquad1981
Stingersquad1981 Posts: 21 Member
edited August 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Good Morning to all. I am looking for advice on my current workout routine. Long story short I have been lifting for about 20 years now. But during those 20 years I found myself taking breaks that at time would last to a year. Why? I would get bored and tired of working out. Here for the last 2 to 3 years I have been varying my workouts to stay motivated but nothing would help. What I discovered is that the amount of time I spent working out daily had a direc influence on how much I would stick with. The solution (for me), I run about 3 miles a day on treadmill - 2 miles jogging at 6 mph and 1 mile of sprints alternating between 9 mph on 2% incline to 6 mph flat (1 minute on 1 minute off). For the lifting I do 1-2 muscle groups daily all on German volume (I.e: 10 sets of 10 on the bench with 225 lbs supersetted with 10 sets of 10 lat pull down. Do you see this as an efficient workout? With 45-60 seconds rest I get to spend no longer than 1 hr and 30 minutes in the gym altogether. The problem is, in y head if I am not destroying myself for 2 to 3 hours I am not doing it right, so although I maintain this routine so I can workout I am not convinced it's good. Requesting insight and advice.