Decent earbud recommendations?

I've signed up for my first 5k slated in October. I need to start training, but I want to use the C25K app and listen to music as I train. The standard earbuds that come with an old iPhone constantly slip out of my ears even if I am sitting still.

Does anyone have recommendations for good earbuds that stay put when you are exercising?

Replies

  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    I don't think they make my specific kind anymore, but I swear by Bose In-Ear earbuds. The closest model currently appears to be the SoundSport. Yes, they're expensive, but my first set lasted 7 years and I'm on year 3 of these ones. I've had Beats, Yurbuds, Sony, Skull Candy, but I prefer Bose.
  • vickyramirez2473
    vickyramirez2473 Posts: 1 Member
    Yur buds are great especially for when you sweat
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    I use the plantronics backbeat fit. they aren't the greatest for sound quality but they don't go all the way into your ear allowing you to hear traffic. I've also had them on in rain that was coming down so hard it was hard to see and they were functioning perfectly.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    I bought 'sport' earbuds at TJ Maxx for like $8. There's nothing special about them (sound quality, etc. - I mostly do Podcasts while I run, so I don't need anything spectacular), but I have tiny ears and they're the only kind that doesn't fall out. There's just a little piece of flexible rubber than loops around your ear to hold them in place. And they aren't noise cancelling, so I can still hear traffic and other people while I run outside.
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    laur357 wrote: »
    I bought 'sport' earbuds at TJ Maxx for like $8. There's nothing special about them (sound quality, etc. - I mostly do Podcasts while I run, so I don't need anything spectacular), but I have tiny ears and they're the only kind that doesn't fall out. There's just a little piece of flexible rubber than loops around your ear to hold them in place. And they aren't noise cancelling, so I can still hear traffic and other people while I run outside.


    Same, I bought these ones: https://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRAS200-Active-Sports-Headphones/dp/B00BN0N08K/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1470752189&sr=8-9&keywords=around+ear+earbuds
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    lsutton484 wrote: »
    I use the plantronics backbeat fit. they aren't the greatest for sound quality but they don't go all the way into your ear allowing you to hear traffic. I've also had them on in rain that was coming down so hard it was hard to see and they were functioning perfectly.

    I have these too and I adore them. They're wireless so they're a little pricier but they are fantastic and stay in my ear, plus they allow ambient noise and are super water-resistant and have a great battery life.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    peleroja wrote: »
    lsutton484 wrote: »
    I use the plantronics backbeat fit. they aren't the greatest for sound quality but they don't go all the way into your ear allowing you to hear traffic. I've also had them on in rain that was coming down so hard it was hard to see and they were functioning perfectly.

    I have these too and I adore them. They're wireless so they're a little pricier but they are fantastic and stay in my ear, plus they allow ambient noise and are super water-resistant and have a great battery life.

    Another vote for Plantronics Backbeat Fit. They're the best earbuds I've ever owned. I recommend them to everyone.
  • mjbehrendt
    mjbehrendt Posts: 13 Member
    Read on only if you have a Samsung phone.....I bought Samsung Level Pros. I love them, especially for running. They are wireless, come with different sized ear bud attachments, and if you have a Samsung phone, there is an app to manage the sound equalizer, notifications, etc. The battery will last me about 7 days if I use them only for running (I use mine to talk on the phone while at work, and to listen to music/podcasts so that rarely happens, but I can wear them for about 2 full days if I am doing all of that). I have had Beats (wired) and Sony (wired) and really like these.
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    original yur buds were great
  • wildtxn
    wildtxn Posts: 97 Member
    I use the Sony Walkman waterproof MP3 earbuds. just usb into a computer, drag and drop files onto them and done. recharge is really fast, they are completely out of the way and not hanging around my neck, don't have to rely on having my phone or anything else with me when I don't want to and they don't move once in place.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Yurbuds
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    lsutton484 wrote: »
    I use the plantronics backbeat fit. they aren't the greatest for sound quality but they don't go all the way into your ear allowing you to hear traffic. I've also had them on in rain that was coming down so hard it was hard to see and they were functioning perfectly.


    Going to second these. I thought the sound quality was pretty good--better than the iPhone earbuds and as good as my Jaybirds. They are $20 off at Costco this month, so I tried a pair. I mess up the buttons a lot trying to adjust them, but I liked them for the price.

    My only problem is that I somehow misplaced them at home after only 3 days. I have torn the house apart and can't find them anywhere. I can't remember the last time I was this ticked off about losing something.
  • granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Sony NW-WS413 Waterproof All-in-One MP3 Player, comes in 4GB or 8GB, theres also a bluetooth version. It fits comfortably for me when I'm running and I like that there's no dangling cord.

    https://amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BBWU834/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1EP052VA4EIV3&coliid=I3NTV3NC3FWVFZ&psc=1
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,005 Member
    I love my Cootree.
    It's lasted over a year. No more cords to get tangled in. I sweat when I work-out, and this is still working.
    I don't know why the reviews are so varied: half loves it, other hates it.

    Cootree 220 Sport Sweat Proof Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Headset